Help Me Run My Wires for My Install? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Help Me Run My Wires for My Install?

I've got the hood popped, the wires out... I can do everything easily if only I knew how to get the power cord from the battery to the trunk. I'm going to get started on the other parts of the install, but I'd love to see some pictures / hear how you ran yours. I found one gromet that is wrapped but I don't know how I could get through it because it's really tight. I have a standard, if it makes any difference. On my last car I just rigged my system and ran the power wire through the door because there was plenty of room without it getting rubbed raw or pinched...

anyway. Help I'm in a pinch here and I'd like to get this install done tonight if at all possible!

Videos would be perfect if anybody knows of one specifically for our vehicle. I have an '07 LS, by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
you know the battery is in the trunk right?

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthminguy View Post
you know the battery is in the trunk right?
NO FREAKING WAY!!! HAHA FOR REAL!?!?!?! HAHA THAT IS SOOO COOL.

Now uhmm since my excitement is gone, where exactly?! ;)

THIS IS SOOO COOL MY LIFE JUST GOT SO MUCH EASIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

pick up the thing in the trunk and its right there. Right by your spare tire

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
haha yeah it's right there on the right side. lift up the floor mat in the trunk and in the right hand corner near the bumper its right there.
for future reference, its a lot easier to give advice when we know what kind of system your installing, or what your running wires for lol

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Yay go me

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthminguy View Post
haha yeah it's right there on the right side. lift up the floor mat in the trunk and in the right hand corner near the bumper its right there.
for future reference, its a lot easier to give advice when we know what kind of system your installing, or what your running wires for lol
i think he is hookin up subs

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfolife View Post
i think he is hookin up subs
Subs. You're right. Can I hook up my ground straight to the battery or is that a stupid idea?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Cobalt Master

i folded my seats and too the little plastic piece off by the connector to where the seat locks and there is a metal bolt i undid and i grounded it there.
i can possibly provide pics if you want

Last edited by cobalt08ls; 10-28-2009 at 08:15 PM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Yay go me

U can ground it stright to the battery u can also ground it to Chevys factory ground. i grounded mine to the top of the battery termial. there a little nut there tha come off its a 10MM socket well mine was and i grounded it there.

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfolife View Post
U can ground it stright to the battery u can also ground it to Chevys factory ground. i grounded mine to the top of the battery termial. there a little nut there tha come off its a 10MM socket well mine was and i grounded it there.
You guys rock man... I couldn't ask for faster help in a freaking chat room! I love this place... almost as much as I love my 'balt. ;)

I'll go with the nut on the battery if that's completely safe, sounds like the best way to keep the wires short, as too induce as little noise as possible.

I have Rockford P1 and a p200-2 amp that's 272w RMS, 800 peak... safe to run off the battery without a cap for a while? I plan on getting a cap, just need save the money up to do it.

Also, thanks for offering the picture, I won't trouble you though! I really appreciate the gesture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode