Audio Bass Opinions!!Help :D - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Talking Audio Bass Opinions!!Help :D

Hey YC members!

Once again I turn to you for your opinion.

I have my sound system going into my new cobalt, two 12'' JBL GTO subs with the top line 1550W RMS clarion amp and i already installed the clarion double din head unit last weekend. I also have a 3 farad capacitor by the way.
The thing is, I have been trying to sell my two 10'' JBL GTO subs for a while now, and so far everyone interested has low-balled me (locals, and i even offered to drive it over near their houses etc.) So now i ask myself, since I'm gonna do a relatively custom trunk layout design, should I buy another amp next year, and add the two 10'' subs into my trunk layout? I really like bass, and custom sound systems, the 10'' and 12'' together would give me more range, and it would look really sexxy, but what do you guys think?

I tried to make this a poll but i posted too fast. Moderators a little help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

i think you should i love the look of custom trucks with a alo of speakers but thats just me

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

I was asking around $170 for both 10'' subs, delivered, and i lowered them twice, finally to $150 for both subs, delivered. people keep coming in at like $100, $120, im like yeah right. i did research before pricing them, and i found some at $100 EACH plus shipping, some less but not by much. So i think in the end im gonna just keep em cuz im tired of gettin lowball offers loll. Atleast all my other stuff sold from my old ride! which means more mod money for the cobalt!!

Any other opinions???

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 AM
Newcomer

i guess you would have to look at it with what exactly you want... That would be allloot of bass!! Almost seems unnecessary.

But you have to stay strict on the price for sure. I would say try e-bay or just keep trying.. 150 is more than fair for those TWO subs!! just dont settle on price.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienateme View Post
i guess you would have to look at it with what exactly you want... That would be allloot of bass!! Almost seems unnecessary.

But you have to stay strict on the price for sure. I would say try e-bay or just keep trying.. 150 is more than fair for those TWO subs!! just dont settle on price.
thx man i figured that too, AND i offer to deliver them AND its canadian :O lol. i dont think it owuld be alot of bass, it would be tuned very exact, of course, it would be more for the range, like the 10'' for the hitting and the 12'' for the heavier bass, i think it would be a good combination. and i would balance it properly with component speaker systems for the highs.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to FullmetalCobalt
i say add them!!!!!!!

AEM CAI|Ultimate Racing 3" Test Pipe| resonator delete| HKS SSQV 3 BOV| Cobb Turbo Inlet Pipe| 8000k HID| 15% tint all around| Tanabe Tower Strut Bar| PT-Performance Kicker Mount
Really? this seriously happened? o_O
my sexy interior!!!
More pics of the sexy!
The rims i want!
My Facebook
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Forum God

DON'T add them! I know guys that have done it and running 10s and 12s together isn't a good idea. being different sizes, the sound is off
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to LSlowBalt
^^^I agree sell them and just go with 12"s
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

hmm...i think with the proper tune they'd be good.

BUT, to your delight 06cobalt and 09 cobalt lt, the guy said $150 was fine, and so if all goes well i'll have the ca$h by tomorrow night or the end of the weekend. It will be put towards my alarm/keyless entry, which will allow me to install the rest of my sexy sound system. Will post pics when its done. And instead of usin the money on an amp that would have been for the 10'' subs, I can now buy 4 new component speakers and a 4-channel amp and have a great all-around system :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode