New Speakers - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CoffinTramp
New Speakers

So, I'm a cool kid and bought some new speakers, pretty much spur of the moment. My door speakers have been out for a few months now and it's really saddening listening to my music coming out so flat from the back of the car. So we (me and the bf) went to the store and wandered to that section with the intention of looking only... Ha right. I was playing with the displays, quickly figuring out that the nicer speakers were way out of my price range, but one set was on sale. So we picked up some Infinity Reference 6022i that were listed at $99.99, for $59.99. I swear I'm not usually this impulsive, I'm usually the one that takes a week researching every nook and cranny before deciding. Any opinions on these? I know after buying them isn't really the time to start asking the questions... but hey this is me we're talking about.

That being said, now that I have the speakers I'm at a loss. I know I'm gonna need new rear speakers soon (they crackle with the music barely 'loud') so I'm socking money away for those. I'm just not sure what else I'll need, or just ought to get.
Help?

has basically dropped off the face of the planet... moved and still havent had internet installed at the new place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Veteran

Garage
OK, so at my best buy store i got trained in Car-Fi as my second department, so i know a little bit. Of the brands we carry, top of the line goes:
Infinity Kappa
Infinity Reference
Alpine R
Alpine S
and then after that it goes Pioneer, then sony, then insignia.
its not much help, but its something. other thing to keep in mind is there r other brands, those r just hte ones i know from work, but i just got Kickers for my car, they're supposed to be dirty

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CoffinTramp
Ooh cool beans, well I feel a little better about being so impulsive!
I'm kind of an audio idiot... I'm just curious what other people think a good set up would be?

has basically dropped off the face of the planet... moved and still havent had internet installed at the new place

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Forum God

i personally love component set speakers (seperate woofers and tweeters instead of all in one) so im gonna get a pair of infinity reference components. Saw them on canadian crutchfield on sale for like $119 or a bit less maybe. They are awesome! I had kappa components that I bought off my friend who was a car audio guy at bestbuy.Infinity Kappa is the sh*t!

Last edited by BboyTaktix; 11-24-2009 at 07:31 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffinTramp View Post
So we picked up some Infinity Reference 6022i that were listed at $99.99, for $59.99.
I actually just found the same set of speakers online for the same price, and my right door speaker just blew (my car is two years old and I've only had it a month...) so I'm wanting to purchase new speakers ASAP. You'll have to let us know how they sound once you get them installed.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Forum God

I found some JBL power series COMPONENT(FTW!!) speakers that i will def. be purchasing sometime after x-mas. They are gonna kick A$$!! might as well do my whole car in the same brand lool
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

good buy! i love infinity! you don't have to spend alot of cash for them to sound good!

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode