How Bad is the Rattle in the Trunk with Subs??? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

How Bad is the Rattle in the Trunk with Subs???

im planning on getting a sound system for christmas and i dont know if i should get dynamat or not, honestly i dont wont to waist 60 bucks but i heard stories of windshields cracking and stuff. if i do get the dynamat would i need to do the whole trunk or just the door of the trunk or what????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05c08a!t View Post
im planning on getting a sound system for christmas and i dont know if i should get dynamat or not, honestly i dont wont to waist 60 bucks but i heard stories of windshields cracking and stuff. if i do get the dynamat would i need to do the whole trunk or just the door of the trunk or what????
i would get it but i dont have it. Dont really have the money but mines not to bad. But i have had them in for about 2 months now and its getting worse lol

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
with the cracking the windshield and all... if your gonna have the gain on the sub all the way up and play your music loud as you can, then you have to crack your windows. the subs push and vibrate the windows and mess with the air pressure and thats how you crack out your windows. i spend too much time in zebart. and my LS has the stock Pionneer sub in it and i must say, it doesnt rattle at all. hope this helps out

^^clicky^^-KKK K24 TDI turbo (small but no boost lag, and also great for the engine size, lots of power), 42lb injectors, jdm sport intercooler, and plenty of fun treats!!! click the photo to see the garage ask away!!! Also please check out my website i just made for my photography please... let me know what ya think!!! austinreidphotography.weebly.com thank you!-
-I work at Discount Tire Co.-

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
If you are operating any decent sized system definately dynamat because you will have some rattling and I the dynamat helps the sound immensly on the outside of the car and even helps the sound quality and tightness on the inside

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

if your still thinkin about getting my 15's your gonna need a lot of dynamat.. all i have is two tens and i have my entire trunk coated in it. and i still get a little rattle when i turn it up all the way.

dynamat will not stop 100% of the rattle but it will stop most of it. there are some places that you just can't reach..

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
You can find an inexpensive alterantive to Dynamat on Ebay by a couple different vendors. I have successfully bought from two different vendors with two different varities for both of my vehicles and are happy with both brands. Got enough for both doors for 45 to my door on one buy.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CFCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfin' View Post
If you are operating any decent sized system definately dynamat because you will have some rattling and I the dynamat helps the sound immensly on the outside of the car and even helps the sound quality and tightness on the inside
this..

i've completely dynamatted the trunk, license plate, and rear deck and am working on the doors....the sound quality inside the car has raised tremendously and the rattle outside of the car is almost non-existent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
You can find an inexpensive alterantive to Dynamat on Ebay by a couple different vendors.
this is also a very viable option...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributor

Garage
my trunk rattles like a mother.... when the bass hits you can feel the air hit you in the back of the head from the subs kicking... but yeah the rattling is a pain in the ass, I'd like to get some dynamat, but it's expensive. that would be your best bet if you can afford it.

2008 Cobalt LS 2.2
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Veteran

had my 12's in my car for about 10 mins and i took them out...it rattled really bad i don't know if it was the ss wing or the car being made of plastic but it was annoying so i gave them to the gf lol
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Forum God

For the system you are running, you won't need dynamat right away. The rattle is not bad. My system rattles quite abit, but i dont always blast it loud so it doesnt rattle in that case, and I will be dynamat-ing/fatmat-ing my entire car next spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode