Please Help Me with My Problem?????? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Question Please Help Me with My Problem??????

WELL I BOUGHT A NEW STERIO FOR MY CAR WITCH I TRIED TO INSTALL MYSELF. I ASLO BOUGHT A HARNESS SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO CUT THE WIRES FROM THE STOCK HARNESS. AND I ALSO BOUGHT A NONE STOCK FRAME FOR MY ALPINE STERIO SO IT WOULD FIT IN MY CAR,
SO ANYWAYS I CONNECT IT ALL AND IT WAS ON AND WORKING TILL WHEN I WAS SCREWING ON THE SCREWS. IT STOPED WORKING. SO I DISCONNECTED IT ALL AND RECONNECTED BACK TO GETHER TO MAKE SURE IT WASNT THE WIRES AND IT STILL DIDNT WORK. SO I TOOK IT OUT AND PUT ON MY STOCK STERIO.. AND THE STOCK STERIO DIDNT WANT TO WORK ALSO.
AND WHEN I PUT THE KEY IN THE INGNITION AND TURN IT THE FIRST TIME BEFOR I TURN IT TO START THE ENGINE THE LIGHTS DONT TURN ON FROM THE HEAD LIGHT OR FROM THE GAUGES. SO I THINK MY PROBLEM HAS TO DO WITH MY FUSSIS OR MY WIRES..
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM PLEASE...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Forum Regular

I'd prolly take it to a shop buddy...

2006 LS coupe, tint, 18'' DR9 wheels, Eibach Sportlines, 12'' rockford sub w/600w rockford comp amp, alarm and so much more to come.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
you probably just blew the fuse. look on the panel to see which fuse it is that controls the stereo and everything. pull it out and check if it's blown. if it is, just head to autozone and pick up a bigger fuse and you should be set. if not, then i have no clue lol

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthminguy View Post
you probably just blew the fuse. look on the panel to see which fuse it is that controls the stereo and everything. pull it out and check if it's blown. if it is, just head to autozone and pick up a bigger fuse and you should be set. if not, then i have no clue lol
x2

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Forum Regular

hey man if u are using ur new head unit for subs and u bought one of those cheap and ugly head units then take it back and get a IEC AULOC adjustable line out put converter 2-60W.

that is so u dont have to buy a new stereo to play ur subs (in case u didnt know)

they cost 25 at best buy which is the one i got but later that night i found one for 10 dollars on amazon with free shipping.

but if you got a really really really nice stereo or the ones that fit in perfectly to ur square from stock head unit...or any touch screen ones lol
then ur fine dude and i wouldnt suggest taking it back...but it is up to u
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the advice.. well im trying to figur out where the fuse for the sterio is located at. cuz i went to autozone and they looked it up in their computer and it only says that its located on the passenger . and i was lookin for it but i cant seem to find it .. does anyone know.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Expert

Garage
1. there is a fuse panel relay box under the hood..... usually mistaken for where the car battery is

2. on the front passenger side of the car.... middle console.... if you are sitting in the front passenger seat its the panel next to your left knee...... remove that plastic piece by "popping" loose the lower corners first, then lift it upwards

as for the EXACT fuse and its location, im not to sure, but at least you know where to look now
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

thanks alot
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Forum God

btw, DONT put a bigger fuse in. they're designed to be a certain size for a reason
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

what would happen if i put in a bigger fuse size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode