Easy Rear Speaker Removal or Not?
I have read more than a few postings describing the many steps needed to remove and replace the Cobalt rear speakers.
I own a new 2010 Cobalt LT Coupe and, looking at the underside of the two deck-mounted GM speakers, it seems to me that I might :
(1) remove the mounting nuts
(2) cut-off the mounting bolts flush with the deck
(3) push the heads of the mounting bolts up slightly to clear the thickness of the deck
(4) squeeze [crush] the sides of the speaker basket together [the basket metal appears to be very thin], so as to shrink the circumference of the speaker ring above the deck
(5) pull the speakers down thru the deck hole
(6) install new speakers from below using self-tap screws
Is there something I have overlooked? I am assuming that there are no grills attached to the speaker above the deck.
If some of you have removed these speakers from above, would you please give me some insight here ?