Aftermarket Speaker Installation - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ChevyCobaltLS
Aftermarket Speaker Installation

recently i bought a cobalt ls, and the speakers are almost blown/ getting there...

what i came here to ask is, say i bought some front and rear speakers, how would i go about installing these myself and is it difficult on a scale of 1-10?

thanks for the help!

First Car: 2007 Cobalt LS [SOLD]
Current Car: 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Contributor

fronts are in the door and should be easy 2-3
your rear deck speakers if its a 2 door you have to tear the whole rear interior of the car apart not bad........but of all the systems I put in my cars it was the worse for the rear and give it 8.9....people have told me to cut them so ya dont have to do it again later..but I like for looks not cut outs...guess its for thief reason?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

had to go out and buy a panel pull driver for the side doors but a screw driver works but ya might scratch it up in the process....if using a screwdriver use a cloth wrapped around the end to help prevent marks..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
fronts are in the door and should be easy 2-3
your rear deck speakers if its a 2 door you have to tear the whole rear interior of the car apart not bad........but of all the systems I put in my cars it was the worse for the rear and give it 8.9....people have told me to cut them so ya dont have to do it again later..but I like for looks not cut outs...guess its for thief reason?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

had to go out and buy a panel pull driver for the side doors but a screw driver works but ya might scratch it up in the process....if using a screwdriver use a cloth wrapped around the end to help prevent marks..
ya i have a two door, manual windows and locks, guess when i get the speakers ill give er a try and if i have troubles ill be posting here

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Contributor

kind of see the doors in the back ground
.Clinton's book is great reference ......harbor freight has a 10pcs for $20 panel pull set...cheap an worth it..you'll need it for the rear speaker install...
There's a clip for the door handle cable, and screws in the armrest, and behind the door opener..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
kind of see the doors in the back ground
.Clinton's book is great reference ......harbor freight has a 10pcs for $20 panel pull set...cheap an worth it..you'll need it for the rear speaker install...
There's a clip for the door handle cable, and screws in the armrest, and behind the door opener..
perfect thanks alot!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Contributor

If ya want I can take pic when I do my doors have to remove them again( for the million time)at the end of the month for rustproofing...

Megatron for global domination(0)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
If ya want I can take pic when I do my doors have to remove them again( for the million time)at the end of the month for rustproofing...
that would be sweet man! step by step?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 AM
Contributor

Hardest part is pulling the door panels...as others indicate. Just need to be patient (plastic pieces break easily) and go slow (not a race). Also, whenever working on vehicle electrical, disconnect the battery terminals...don't want to accidentally "ZZZzzzap" something in the process. One wrong wire touch can/will cause years of electrical gremlins...trust me - I know. Otherwise, tear into it!

06 Cobalt LS (for my daughter)
MSgt, USAF (Retired)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman62 View Post
Hardest part is pulling the door panels...as others indicate. Just need to be patient (plastic pieces break easily) and go slow (not a race). Also, whenever working on vehicle electrical, disconnect the battery terminals...don't want to accidentally "ZZZzzzap" something in the process. One wrong wire touch can/will cause years of electrical gremlins...trust me - I know. Otherwise, tear into it!
yes agreed :p/

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Contributor

Door panel was the easy for me....the rear deck was the pain....had to start from front to back just to get to the speakers....tear millions pieces to get to 2 speakers....when GM could of mounted them on the trunk side..but if you do that now your losing a lot of sound by doing that...have to say out of all the cars owned a installed in...today's cars are overly priced plastic junk...

Megatron for global domination(0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode