Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackling/static/hissing Noise Come from Random Speakers. HELLLLLLP

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TWINKLEoTOES 
#1 ·
okay, so my speaker are making crackling, hissing, static noises. Sometimes none at all. sometimes its 1 speaker, or it can be multiple. it seems pretty random. if I hit a bump it makes it start most the time. or when it does it snd really pisses me off, ill hit the shit and sometimes it turns off for a min haha so sounds like a connection problem but I have no idea.there has been times when ive driven for hours and it never did it once. I now have an aftermarket head unit. the stock one did it as well. when i first installed this one it did not do it. now its back hardcore. Ive looked at it and i'm not sure the problem. all the speaker connections look fine but maybe not. I might put a vid up soon but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. couldnt find any on here myself. I listen to alot of music and this is pissing me off. please help

#7 ·
Oh when I had my blazer my speakers made a noise similar to what you describe.. I forgot all about it. It had something to do with a loose ground. So I pulled the radio out(it was stock) and tightened up the ground which was bolted directly to the metal of the car beghind the radio. The noise didn't go away completely but it definitely helped. Iyou may have a problem similar.. which I think is what Megatron was talking about

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.