BOSS CER350.2, High Level Inputs, Signal Sensing - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

BOSS CER350.2, High Level Inputs, Signal Sensing

It was advertised by both NewEgg and Amazon that this amplifier has signal sensing on the high level inputs so I wouldn't have to mess with running a remote wire. I simply wanted to connect this amplifier into the rear speakers so I can run a small sub. So I got everything hooked up now, but the amplifier won't kick on no matter how loud I turn the stereo up (stock by the way). It does kick on when I jump the positive terminal to the remote terminal, but the output to the sub is not very loud, even at full blast. This is a 700 watt amplifier in bridged mode, so I'm pretty disappointed.

So will I have to get a line output converter and run the remote wire anyway? Not something I really wanted to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Expert

Did the amp come with the High-Level input connector? because it does say auto sensing for High level input

Boss CER350.2 (cer3502) 350W RMS 2-Channel Class AB Chaos Epic

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Well, yeah it came with the high level input connector. That's how I know it doesn't work. Nowhere in the user's manual does it say anything about auto sensing. Like I said, when I turn it on manually by jumping the positive terminal with the remote terminal, the subwoofer output is pretty weak. I did, however, plug my S4 phone directly into the RCA inputs and turned on Pandora. Then the audio output to the sub was much louder. So I may just have to get a line out convertor. They have them that also have the signal sensing built in. So I would only have to run the remote wire to that and not all the way up front. Maybe I should just go that route considering how weak the high level input is.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Expert

Sounds like the easiest way to do it, I would just do the add a fuse for the remote wire to a switched power fuse in the fuse panel on the passenger side under the dash. It seems like that auto sensing turn on doesn't work very well.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Yeah, just jumped the remote terminal to the positive terminal and went for a short drive with Fogerty blasting. Even with the seat down, it was barely audible. So guess I'll be getting a line output converter. There's some on eBay that have the auto sensing for the remote turn on. My concern about running the remote wire to the fuse box is that the circuit I tap to won't support the retained accessory power, which keeps the stereo going while the key is in the off position until you open your door or wait 10 mjnutes.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Expert

Do you have a sunroof? PowerWindows?

Last edited by blu3_v1p3r; 03-09-2014 at 09:22 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Power windows.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Expert

you can tap that for RAP.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

I'll have to get a line out converter anyway. I might as will get one that has auto sensing. They seem to be cheap enough unless there's a recommended one that people on here use.

I had a nice system in my 84 Toyota Van. I had a Pioneer deck, Profile HA1000 amp, and a Visonik bandpass sub with 2 10s. It was overkill, but I loved it. I hope the tweakers who broke into my Van and stole it all are enjoying it. The subwoofer I'm hooking up now is one of those Roadmaster Wal-Mart subs my Dad got me a long time ago. I sealed up the port because it sounded like crap. Definitely like sealed better.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Contributor

Yikes..
Sealed the port up.. Now your box is way to big and in time will blow the sub.. And ported you get more bass but not true bass, sealed is truer bass
By the sound of what your saying the sub may be fried
Try and use an ohm read an see what get
Or another trick but doesn't always work move the speaker with your hand and see if you feels like sand paper feel..it's toast
You may have the positive and negative mixed around that will give ya issues like this also

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I've got 3amps an 20speakers in mine an plan on another amp and speaks this spring
Yeah could say a bit overkill but love it...

Megatron for global domination(0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode