Single Din Head Unit Install Question? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Single Din Head Unit Install Question?

Hi guys I have been searching through the forums for a couple days now and I have found a couple different answers and I was wondering if someone could clear this up for me. I have an 08 cobalt lt with OnStar and I already know I need the harness to keep it but I was wondering what I need to mount a single din unit? I read on one of the other threads that you need to cut the back out to fit the single but I read in another one that there should be room to mount the single if you have the mounting kit for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Contributor

I have a double DIN but if there is not enough room it's real easy to remove the metal bracket in the dash to really open it up.
The plastic parts I have in my hand in this pic reveal the metal brace that I ended up taking out as well. You can also bend it back for some more room if you want to leave it in there.

Black 2010 SS/TC – G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts

Last edited by colodude18; 05-02-2014 at 10:55 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Excellent thanks for he quick reply. Hoping to get mine in this weekend if best buy has the mounting hardware. If not then crutchfield it is.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Contributor

Crutchfield is awesome. Their customer service is one of a kind.

Black 2010 SS/TC – G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

That's where I ordered my speakers from the first time and I have no problem recommending them to anyone. They are always helpful
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Initiate

Garage
If you get the single din mounting kit for your year i don't think you'd need to cut anything out.

2009 cobalt ls~ white hubcaps/cobalt tag/front bowtie (Rear bowtie removed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode