Problem with my f700bt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Problem with my f700bt

I have a Pioneer F700BT head unit and an iPhone 5. My problem is that when I connect my iPhone to my head unit to play music, after about 40 seconds the music stops playing as if I hit pause. This is happening every time just started recently. Any ideas as to what may be happening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Have you tried with another phone? At least you can rule that out.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 05:09 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07LaserblueSS View Post
I have a Pioneer F700BT head unit and an iPhone 5. My problem is that when I connect my iPhone to my head unit to play music, after about 40 seconds the music stops playing as if I hit pause. This is happening every time just started recently. Any ideas as to what may be happening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Is your iPhone actually paused or do you no longer hear the music even though your phone continues to play?

It sounds like it could be losing connectivity. This could happen if your iPhone is going to sleep(when it sleeps, it turns off Bluetooth usually.) From what I've read to only way to keep Bluetooth from turning off is to have your apple device not sleep...so you'll want to make sure it's plugged into a charger.

If anyone else has an apple device and has found a way to make Bluetooth not sleep feel free to chime in, but from what I've been reading on some of the apple forum threads, there isn't a good way to let your phone sleep and Bluetooth still work.

That may have changed and I'm an android user so I can't confirm or deny that this is still an issue for iPhone users.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Contributor

Garage
i have had a similar issue just after updating to ios 8. [U]If i let the device go to sleep (iphone 5s) on its own, the music would pause. But if i hit the power button on the phone to kill the screen then the music would not pause. pioneer fh-x700bt it could also be the app your using be it the stock music app on iphone or an app from the store.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 AM
Staff Alumni

My 5s goes to sleep and the music still works fine and that's the new iOS 8 as well.

Sent from the sexy electrician

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

You can't keep Bluetooth on while it sleeps?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

So i just installed a new pioneer avh x5600bhs and noticed that the music stops after like 20 seconds as well. It pauses and i have to hit play again and once i do it its fine, it only shuts off one time. weird!! I think it is something in the phone but dont know what to do.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanman35 View Post
You can't keep Bluetooth on while it sleeps?
Yes you can, iPhone doesn't normally have problems with bluetooth.

2006 Cobalt LT Stealth Grey Metallic Coupe.
The current mods: ZZP shorty header, Mugen Twin Loop Muffler, American Eagle 17x7s, Nightshade Tinted Tail Lights, Custom Spec-D Headlights, SS 0-140mph Gauge cluster, Custom Made Cold Air Intake, Carbon Fiber wrapped badges, FE5 Struts/Shocks, CM/SSC Springs, SS Shift Knob, SS front bumper, SS Pioneer Sound System, Pioneer GM-A3602 Amplifier, Painted Calipers, MPX Shorty Antenna.

1969 Triumph GT6+ MK2 (350 V8 project car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode