Tablet "Infotainment" - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Tablet "Infotainment"

So, I've decided to take on a couple of projects for the summer. Some went smoothly, others took a bit of work, and some look like a butcher was in there with a torch, hammer and pry bar.

One of my bigger projects is hooking up my tablet as my radio. It's not a fancy tablet, just an ASUS MeMO Pad HD7. It's doing the job and looks awesome. Only issue is that I'm getting high pitch electrical feedback.

Can anyone recommend a noise cancellation device that doesn't cost a fortune?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
Feedback can be caused by many issues, but these three are the most common. Bad ground, alternator interferrence (not a big enough ground), or your volume is maxxed or close to maxed out. So make another ground orbuy a ground loop isolator forthe alternator whine. If its the volume, lower the volume on the tablet, buy a 4ch amp and run the outputs of the tablet to the amp then from the amp to the speakers. Im gussing its more of the later issueof having the tablet maxed out on volume. Unlike car radios, tablet speakers are only like 1 watt lol. So tbey arent meant to push 30 watt speakers so you need a little boost.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Nah, it's not the tablet because it'll happen with nothing hooked up. I had 2 amps, 1 for my sub and another 4 channel for my speakers. I bought a noise suppressor which says it's for alternator/ignition interference so I'll find out. Weird this is that it's only for the bright front speaker, no where else.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanMan77 View Post
Nah, it's not the tablet because it'll happen with nothing hooked up. I had 2 amps, 1 for my sub and another 4 channel for my speakers. I bought a noise suppressor which says it's for alternator/ignition interference so I'll find out. Weird this is that it's only for the bright front speaker, no where else.
I think we may have resolved this in your other thread.

If not let me know, there are some options to isolate ground loops for 3.5 connections.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Gawd of Thunda!

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
How about some pics of the install haha? Curious to see how it looks

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Climertech my issue is 90% solved. I think I posted in the other thread that I'm going to try using, what I think are, shielded RCA cables and I'm going to route power on one side of the car, the speaker wires on another side of the car, and the 3.5 cable away from both.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

SpeedyCobalt, sorry, I thought I had posted pictures of it but that may have been on the Ontario Cobalt Club page before it shut down, but just for you I'll post some.

HOWEVER, my favourite shot is a night shot with my interior lighting.... :D

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Hey,

Has anyone done this and use a tablet with a built in FM Radio tuner? As in, not downloading an app or using data?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanMan77 View Post
Hey,

Has anyone done this and use a tablet with a built in FM Radio tuner? As in, not downloading an app or using data?
Very nice setup - may I ask where you got the mount? did you have to fab it yourself?

On the FM radio tuner. Unfortunately that would have to be something that came with the tablet. I haven't seen many tablets that have a FM Radio tuner and they aren't really many phones either though Sprint is trying to have more and more phones that have FM tuners.

I also looked for Bluetooth FM tuners/receivers, but at this point it's mostly FM transmitters.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thanks. As for the mount, my dad is a machinist, so I had him make me up the mount. And it's annoying that few tablets have FM radio since my last 2 phones have had it :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode