Question for Installing New Speakers - New to This - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Question for Installing New Speakers - New to This

Hey all,

I've been reading a lot about this on here and on other sites and I think im ready to install new front door speakers on my 2008 Chevy Cobalt on my own. I just wanted to go over a few things first before I went ahead and purchased stuff.

I have a Pioneer head unit in my car, which I dont know if that makes a difference or not for installation but I thought I would put that out there. I was looking at a pair of Pioneer TS-G1644R from best buy and know that if I bought those I would need to also purchase a harness and bracket for the speakers (I was given model numbers of Metra brackets and harnesses to purchase from BB).

When looking on Crutchfield I came across a pair of Kenwood KFC-G1620 which say that they fit into my car - compared to fitting with a bracket. Could someone clarify what this means? Does that mean I can use the brackets from the stock speakers and just put the Kenwoods into those?

Also, with for the harness, does that mean I would just plug the wires that are connected to the stock speakers into the harness then into the new speakers?

Sorry I know this is a lot but I'm new to this and am desperate! Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Our stock speakers are built into the bracket. So unless you cut it out and mess with it a bit you can't use the bracket with stock speakers. I personally would buy the pioneer speakers with the bracket.

Also, unrelated. Instead of making a new thread you can just ask for a mod to move the one in the wrong section. It's not a problem, but can save you some trouble. I deleted the first thread you made.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

so I installed the speakers just fine. they look amazing! only thing is that the passenger side is louder than the driver side (which was the one that was out) it works but it isn't very strong and the sounds seems to go in and out...I'm thinking it was a wiring issue...how can I fix that? do I need to go to the dealer for that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode