Can't Find a Sub-box - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Can't Find a Sub-box

Ok so I have an 2008 Cobalt ls 4dr, I've been wanting to put a system in the trunk since I got the car but I can find a box that will fit in the trunk, no pre-made boxes will fit and the only custom boxes I can find are all for the 2dr model and the trunk on 4dr is just a little bigger and just alittle different. Does anyone know where I can find a box for the 4dr model just let me know
Big_Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor
 
blackblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 368
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dave View Post
Ok so I have an 2008 Cobalt ls 4dr, I've been wanting to put a system in the trunk since I got the car but I can find a box that will fit in the trunk, no pre-made boxes will fit and the only custom boxes I can find are all for the 2dr model and the trunk on 4dr is just a little bigger and just alittle different. Does anyone know where I can find a box for the 4dr model just let me know
Here is the part number 15853070 I believe it the same in 2 door or 4 door.

2006 Cobalt SS/SC (Sold Miss Her)

2015 Evo GSR

2007 Acura TL
blackblade is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Cobalt Master
 
rrob5382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MI
Posts: 1,518
how big is the system you plan on putting in that no premade boxes will fit? i had a box with 2 12's in the trunk of my car for a little while, may have even had my brothers 3 8's in there at one point... It is all going to depend on exactly what you want and anything can be custom made even, i have a box with 4 10's just waiting to go in and take up about a foot or so of trunk space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
rrob5382 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:30 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor
 
blackblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 368
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
how big is the system you plan on putting in that no premade boxes will fit? i had a box with 2 12's in the trunk of my car for a little while, may have even had my brothers 3 8's in there at one point... It is all going to depend on exactly what you want and anything can be custom made even, i have a box with 4 10's just waiting to go in and take up about a foot or so of trunk space
Damn dude 4 10's! That's gonna bump!

2006 Cobalt SS/SC (Sold Miss Her)

2015 Evo GSR

2007 Acura TL
blackblade is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Cobalt Master
 
rrob5382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MI
Posts: 1,518
thats the plan haha! thought i had a pic or 2 of them in the box but here they are when i was working on figuring out the best fitment for them...


---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

i think the box might be like a quarter inch too tall to squeeze into the trunk so ill have to do a little messing around with it to make it fit in haha

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

when i was taking measurements and everything i measured the area the box was going to go and built it to fit there, forgot to measure the actual opening to make sure it would fit in through the back seat though haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
rrob5382 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 09:04 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor
 
blackblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 368
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
thats the plan haha! thought i had a pic or 2 of them in the box but here they are when i was working on figuring out the best fitment for them...


---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

i think the box might be like a quarter inch too tall to squeeze into the trunk so ill have to do a little messing around with it to make it fit in haha

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

when i was taking measurements and everything i measured the area the box was going to go and built it to fit there, forgot to measure the actual opening to make sure it would fit in through the back seat though haha
Lol I did that on my last car, it was interesting making them fit.
I'd love to hear that thing bump.

2006 Cobalt SS/SC (Sold Miss Her)

2015 Evo GSR

2007 Acura TL
blackblade is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Cobalt Master
 
rrob5382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MI
Posts: 1,518
me too! need some actual working speakers to haha! for the better part of about a year now only the passenger door speaker has been working, although randomly the other day the drivers door speaker started working again haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
rrob5382 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome