Wiring Question-GMOS-LAN-04, PAC SWI- RC, Aftermarket Pioneer Head Unit - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Wiring Question-GMOS-LAN-04, PAC SWI- RC, Aftermarket Pioneer Head Unit

Hi all, I have a new head unit ready to install and just running through all the wires before I start ripping the dash apart.

I hope this post will help others with there install. I will try to be as descriptive as possible.

I have a 2008 Cobalt SS/TC with stock Pioneer sound system and ONSTAR.
My front speakers are making an awful rattling sound and I don't have a USB or Bluetooth connection so I decided to upgrade.

I'm adding a aftermarket Pioneer double din radio (the brand is important when we get to the part about the PAC-SWI-RC), replacing the front components with new 6.5's and adding a 4 channel after market amp (I don't intend on discussing how to connect an amp, its pretty simple).

For now, the aftermarket amp will power only the front aftermarket speakers (they are 4 ohm and not 2 ohms like stock). The rear 6x9's and stock sub will remain on the factory amp.

I purchased the GMOS-LAN-04 to connect to factory wiring harness and to keep on star. I am also using the PAC-SWI-RC for steering wheel controls.

I've created a wiring diagram and hope everyone can see the picture i've posted. EDIT: Photo didn't work so deleted link

I've also listed the three modules and identified how each coloured wire should be connected (i.e. connect #1 to #1 to #1)

----- Wire doesn't exist
NU = Not used.

Aftermarket Unit
1 Black
2 Yellow
3 Orange/White
4 Red
5 Lt. Green (NU)
6 Purple/white (NU)
7 Yellow/Black
8 Blue/White
9 -----
10 -----
11-----
12 -----
13 -----
14 -----
15 -----
16 3.5 mm port

PAC-SWI-RC
1 Black
2 Yellow (NU)
3 Orange (NU)
4 Red
5 -----
6 -----
7 -----
8 Blue (NU)
9 ------
10 -----
11 -----
12 Yellow/Blue (NU)
13 Green ???
14 White ???
15 -----
16 3.5 mm jack connects to head unit

GMOS-LAN-04
1 Black
2 Yellow
3 Orange
4 Red
5 -----
6 -----
7 Brown
8 Blue/White
9 Green/Purple (NU)
10 Green (NU)
11 Blue/Purple (NU)
12 -----
13 -----
14 -----
15 Black/Yellow (used to adjust ONSTAR volume. Not permanently installed however, tapping to a ground will adjust the volume of onstar from 1 to 4.
16 -----

Questions:
1) Where does green wire from PAC connect to?
2) Where does white wire from PAC connect to?
3) Do I need to cut the RCA connections from the GMOS to connect to speaker wires on aftermarket head unit?

Please feel free to connect any mistakes above. I don't want to mislead anyone else trying to do the install.
Thanks

Last edited by iammancini; 08-06-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode