Factory Radio question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Factory Radio question

can anyone tell me the procedure for removing the factory radio, so I can get to the antenna conection? is there a DIY one this, I didn't find one when I was searching.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Forum Regular

There is actually, i forget wich one but i think it was the painting the radio buttons one, it tells you how. Keep searching and you shall find it. (Sharpie Mod)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

There are two trim pieces on either side of the radio bezel that have to come off. Pull carefully so you don't break and of the clips. Then the radio bezel comes of the same way. Then there are a few 7mm or 9/32" bolts that hold the radio in. You need two antenna adapters I will put up the part numbers while I'm at the shop on Monday.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Veteran

Its really easy..The long trim piece on the right side is easier to take off if you open the passenger door and start at the very end of it. The other one is a little trickier, just be careful to not pry with anything like a screwdriver cause it will leave marks in the dash (I did that) If you can get it started then you can pry it off just enough to see down inside and get a small flathead screwdriver, stick the screwdriver inside the clip and rotate, they pop right off when you do that.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thank you all for the info... skoryboss, thanks in advance for the part numbers.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Forum Regular

The part #'s are for Best kits, and I think american international.

BAA20, and BAA21 if they have the fm mod kit the number is BAA2021. Hope this helps.

Jesse
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Newcomer

if you want drawings go to:

Metra Online

search for make and model, when you click on the installation kit you can download a pdf instruction booklet that shows you how to take everything apart, and a wiring diagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode