07 Cobalt Radio Not Working, No Turn Signal Sounds, Door Locks Going Crazy!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

07 Cobalt Radio Not Working, No Turn Signal Sounds, Door Locks Going Crazy!!

The car is a 2007 Cobalt LT sedan. Completely stock, wife-driven, dealer-serviced, etc;

Recently the door locks started going crazy on their own(like they were being clicked repeatedly) with the key in or out, driving or parked, doors locked or unlocked already, etc; they just start locking/unlocking on their own really fast.

Then today, she goes to drive the car and the radio doesn't turn on. Completely blank and the car is making no sounds what so ever..even the turn signals don't make the click sound. Nothing..

I did some searching and found an archived thread here at yourcobalt.com where someone had the EXACT same problem, and though it was evidently resolved, the solution was never added to the thread.

Click Here: (User Jefftarpo had the same issue)
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/aud...rm-sounds.html

Unfortunately I'm a new member and cannot send a message to him to ask, and since the thread is 4 years old, I'm not sure he would get it anyway.

The dealer has quoted us $100/Hr on diagnostic and has never seen or heard of this problem before.. Which means we're likely in for a very expensive day or two worth of a GM Tech Googling and poking around with no guarantee of it being resolved.

Has anyone here heard of this before and does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing such a ridiculous mess of electrical anomalies?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode