Replacing Radio in a 2010 Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Replacing Radio in a 2010 Cobalt

The radio in my 2010 Cobalt has a dead aux port. I was looking to replace it, but it is hard to find an OEM one and I don't have the budget for both a radio and an adapter - I was told that I need an adapter as not only are the connectors different, but the OEM unit has some functions that are not usually on radios.

So my question is, If I were to replace the radio and wire the cables myself with no adapter, what functions would I lose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Expert

Garage
The chimes play through the driver's door speaker instead of a speaker in the gauge cluster for that year. I'm not 100% sure, but you might lose that.

It might be worth the effort to attempt repairing the AUX port in your OEM radio, if all you're looking to do is get the AUX working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode