G5 XM antenna for Sirius radio help! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

G5 XM antenna for Sirius radio help!

New (07) G5 owner here needing radio help!
I have the factory XM radio antenna and factory CD player. I want to use my Sirius satellite radio with the factory CD player.

I have heard I can use the XM antenna for my Sirius, but how do I get the factory radio out to get to it? Any tricks or warnings there?

Also can I use the factory XM antenna to rebroadcast the FM signal to the CD player or should I use an adapter inline on the FM antenna behind the CD player?

I have tried XM and Sirius both and cant stand XM, they have merged but will be a long time before I can have Sirius channels on XM or vise versa I'm sure..
Thanks all for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Newcomer

your facotry xm antenna hooks into a reciever that is located no the rear deck of the car, not behind the radio.

as for getting the facotry radio out, if you still need to, you pull off the three plastic trim pieces which are just held in place with clips (just get behind the edge of the plastic piece and pull gently) and the radio is held in place with 4 7 mm screws.

why would you want to use the xm antenna to broadcast your fm signal? you already have a fm antenna. if you're trying to delete the fm antenna, i dont believe you can use the xm antenna. you may want to just buy a shorty or cut the stocker yourself. its a fairly easy job.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Forum Regular

I think he is talking about using the xm antenna to transmit the FM signal from his plug and play sirius radio. In which case the answer is no. But assuming that there is no difference between the stock G5 and Cobalt radios you can always use the Aux input on the front of the radio to hook up the plug and play sirius receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode