harness - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
harness

ok so im really thinking having door chimes an warning sounds really isnt worth 130 bucks. they are annoying ne way. im thinking jus go with a $10 malibu harness an go chimeless. wut u guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Sneezing Daily
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
That is what i went with although i believe it was a different kit when i got my headunit installed. The guy at best buy said that wouldn't have my warning sounds for the keys of the turn signal noise anymore, and i said that i didn't care, but turns out i still had them afterwards.

M62 Powered for Now

S252 Next (Car is gonna be fast and Sneezing, lots!)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Cobalt Master

it all depends on where the chimes are coming from, most have it from under the dash, very few are from the speakers. simple test, when you unplug the stereo, put your keys in the ignition, if you still have the chime, it's under the dash, if not, it requires a harness to get the chime(not that it's vital, only meant for forgetful idiots such as myself who have locked their keys in their car in the past )

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Newcomer

I got my harness off ebay it is just a basic harness. I didn't lose any of my chimes and my info center works just fine. the 130 is a waist.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Cobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawells83 View Post
I got my harness off ebay it is just a basic harness. I didn't lose any of my chimes and my info center works just fine. the 130 is a waist.
i will re-iterate the fact that most can be changed over normally, only a handful are done the opposite way
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Contributor

i got mines from ebay also and just got a stereo yesterday. ima see if mines is under the dash also....anyhow is it the models and yrs of the make that determin where the chirm will be?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Cobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanksbaby View Post
i got mines from ebay also and just got a stereo yesterday. ima see if mines is under the dash also....anyhow is it the models and yrs of the make that determin where the chirm will be?
if i do recall, it was in the early models(05-06) that didnt have the factory Pioneer system in it that had the connected chime system......... most of the newer models have the systems separate

and again, it was sporatic as to which cars had it, and which didnt, i had an 06 SS, and was warned that i may have that issue, but i didnt
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Newcomer

My car is an 05 and everything works like it did before I changed the radio, I also have a base model, no pioneer radio system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode