2008 cobalt issues after recall fix - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2008 cobalt issues after recall fix

Hi, I have a 2008 Chevy cobalt and just had the recall fixed on fuel leaking. I picked it up after dealership said it was fixed and noticed check engine light is on and gas gauge stuck on empty even though I put 20 in tank after I picked it up. Had to drop it off back to dealership and they are still reviewing but said it might be the fuel leveling sensor or sending unit. To me it doesn’t make sense as prior to me bringing it to them for the recall it worked fine. I am now waiting for their inspection but if it worked prior to their recall fix I don’t understand how I might be liable for this repair. Any thoughts on how to handle this? At least they gave me a loaner until they decide something but doesn’t make it right if they broke something in the process of fixing the recall. Also does anyone have any current recall letters? All I can find is one from 2013 which lists the part of the fuel pump module which does not reflect part number for the one they installed. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about that! I don't think there is an updated "special coverage" letter other than the one issued in 2013 or 2014. So just hold on to that letter. Most likely the fuel level part of the fuel pump broke, I'm pretty sure it's a separate piece. I'm interested in what the dealer has to say about this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
The new part could have been faulty, it happens, they are probably going to replace it again. But you'd think they would have at least checked this before they handed the car back to you. The recall consist of replacing the whole unit and this number changes all the time as tne newer pump's number supersede the older numbers.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 09-16-2018 at 06:27 AM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Newcomer

Oh boy my 07 just went in for the same recall/service bulletin, hope the same thing doesn't happen, and i hope for the best outcome for you too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode