'09 Cobalt build quality worse than my '06 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

'09 Cobalt build quality worse than my '06

I went to check out the new Cobalts and I was very dissapointed. The fit and finish has actually gotten worse, not better.
The carpet didn't even go all the way to the seat side rails, this was the way on at least 5 cars I looked at. The cheesy boot they put on the auto tranny shifter looks far worse than without it. The new ebony interior color looks cheap.
Couldn't GM come up with a better way to hook up Onstar than a visible thick wire running from the mirror into the header?

My '06 is put together better than this. There was no way I was going to trade in on a new car that Lordstown obviously couldn't give 2 shits about.
This is the same Plant that gets to put together the Cruze. I think GM is making a big mistake and I think GM should be ashamed of themselves putting out vehicles with such crappy build quality in 2009.
Disgraceful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
that sucks, i didnt think the interior quality could get much worse.
i heard the same thing from my boss. he was looking for a good cheap car for his son in college. i recommended the cobalt. he said after looking at the interior he was done with the cobalt. GM isnt helping theirselves much are they.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

No, it was so sad. I expected to find a car at least similar to my '06 and I was just shocked when I looked at the carpeting and when I pressed that piece of silver plastic across the dash it was loose to the touch (on all of them). The fabric on the seats were all crinkly and crappy looking. I even prefer the steering wheel on my Cobalt to what they have now. You have to see the boot around the shifter-it was so cheap looking I don't know what they were thinking.
I left there shaking my head. if the car was even slightly better than mine I probably would have taken one home. At this point I don't know what my next car will be-maybe the next Focus. I don't have high hopes for the Cruze and not sure I want to drive a car that sounds like The Village People named it!
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Newcomer

so i guess i shouldn't get a cobalt? lol
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nubz
mine is nothing like that. weird.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Garage
I have no complains about my interior except I wish ebony was offered for sedans before 09