Door locks lock and unlock by themselves - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Door locks lock and unlock by themselves

Hi my names Tom I just recently found out about this site and ive been having a problem with my car for a few months now. I got my 05 Cobalt LS in october and around january my door locks have been going crazy. I had an alarm system put in my car in december i thought that might have been the reason for this problem so i went back to the place that installed it and the disconected the alarm from my car so now i have no alarm. I couldnt stand hearing the door locks do this anymore seeing how they locked and unlocked literally every 5 seconds or so. So i removed the fuse for my door locks so now everytime i get out of my car i have to lock my doors by hand. I have taken it to a repair shop and they just tod me its probably I think they said BMU it was some kind of module but then the part cost $409 so i ordered the part when it came in they said it had to be programed to my VIN number and that would cost $150 and then atleast $100 in labor so $650 so make my door locks work? is there anything else i can try to get my door locks work? Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Newcomer

The same thing is going on with my '05 sedan. I took the car to the dealership but they had no idea what was wrong with it, so I'm interested in finding a solution also.

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS, Blue Granite Metallic
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Please if you find a solution for this let me know and ill do the same im gonna try working on it today some said the door ajar switches might be sticking and to spray wd-40 on the door latches so ima try that.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
My girlfriends 05 saturn ion does this too, bogus. got us caught somewhere with the keys locked in it late at night once.

careful man, the car will lock you out!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Update!! the wd-40 didnt fix my problem.

The wireless remote for the doorlocks locks and unlocks my car doors but the buttons on the driver and passenger door panels do not work could this be the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode