Anyone replace the stereo in an 09 Cobalt? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Anyone replace the stereo in an 09 Cobalt?

I have an 09 2LT with the "upgraded" Pioneer stereo. I want to replace it with all Alpine equipment and found that to keep the On-Star and door chimes working I need a wiring module called a GMOS-LAN-04.

I am almost certain I have it hooked up right and the door chimes do indeed work, but there is CONSTANT static coming from the speakers. I finally gave up and called Best Buy to see if they would install this for me and they said they would not because there is no way to replace the stereo in an 09 Cobalt without losing the On-Star, door chimes and even the remote door locks?!?!?!?

I honestly have over $1200 worth of amps, speakers, head unit, etc... and now I am worried I can't use any of it.

Anyone replace the factory radio with success?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to boondoggle13
dont go to best buy for instillation.... it's like buying stuff at walmart(cheap) go to a audio store near you i can almost promise that they will be able to get it all wired up ... i know my friend had onstar got some subs and after he still did .... best buy people are not the brightest light bulbs

2008 COBALT LT: Totally debadged Injen cold air intake Magnaflow cat back exhaust and tip painted calipers red MPx Shorty Antenna B&m shift plus

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Newcomer

+1 on that.

Back when Circuit Sh*ty was around, they spent 15 minutes trying to get off my dashboard, before I showed them how to get it off. I got a $5 giftcard for my troubles. Whoopie.

Up here in Western New York we have Daryl's Car Audio, a local operation with a few locations. Everytime i go there...excellent service, knowledge, and results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode