Need help with my doorlocks - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Need help with my doorlocks

I lost my keys so i need help i need a new keyless entry door keychain is there a certain kind i need? where can i get the cheapest and how much is it to program it? i have an 05 cobalt.

And another question i had a spare key that the dealership gave me when i bought the car and never used it till today it doesnt work like my old key. the old one worked in the ignition and the doors but the spare only works in the ignition does that make sense? i cant lock my door now cause i dont have the keychain and the spare key wont unlock the doors so what do i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Garage
dealer?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

That's odd.. My spare key works all around! As for the remote, they are cheap, but to program it is about 100 bucks.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Newcomer

I had a spare made at the dealer last week and it too only worked in my ignition. The keys aren't actually copied - they're just made from a computer-controlled cutting machine - so they tend to have problems from time to time. My spare key was actually slightly thinner than the original. I took it back in and they just made me another one. Try taking it to a dealership and saying that the key they made you doesn't work right..it's possible that they'll give you another one.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Newcomer

Please see admin for vendor info

Last edited by OBZ; 08-09-2009 at 08:35 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0IVI View Post
I lost my keys so i need help i need a new keyless entry door keychain is there a certain kind i need? where can i get the cheapest and how much is it to program it? i have an 05 cobalt.

And another question i had a spare key that the dealership gave me when i bought the car and never used it till today it doesnt work like my old key. the old one worked in the ignition and the doors but the spare only works in the ignition does that make sense? i cant lock my door now cause i dont have the keychain and the spare key wont unlock the doors so what do i do?
Go talk to the dealer. They should have atleast told you about they key issue
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 AM

Garage
i always wondered... if you have keyless entry, lose your keys, but keep a spare in your wallet, when you go to open the door wont the alarm go off? and not turn off?