What should I do?
Ok so here's the situation. I have a 2008 cobalt sport paid in full 19K plus extended warranty, and about 5,300 miles on my car. I put about 5K maybe less maybe more worth in mods on my car. Insurance is about $1300 every 6 months. Now I was wondering, which would be a better decision? Should I trade my car for a used 2007 LSJ? Or should I just SC my car? Here's how I see it. If I trade, it probably won't be a equal trade (I found a nice 07 black lsj with 7k miles for $14k) cause my car is worth about 12k kelly blue book. Also dealers prob wont do equal trade cause they get no money out of it, so that would mean I would have to start doing payments for this car. That could be a problem since I don't get paid that much at my job. I don't know much about insurance, but if I trade, the insurance will probably go up cause the LSJ is SC. In a way trading is both a downgrade, and upgrade. (downgrade cause it's an 07 and I have an 08 ) Now if I just SC my car, here's how I see that. I can just save up money to get a full SC kit, and by that time my warranty should be or almost be up. A 2.4L sc'ed is faster than a stock LSJ, and with some bolt ons, even more. I don't have to change anything with my insurance. And in the end yeah probably the 3K I spend sc'ing my car will prob be the same money I pay in payments for an LSJ, but technically I can save more money sc'ing my car cause I don't have to worry about payments, meaning I can probably save more money for personal use like the future, than if I were making payments, and trying to save money. So what do you guys think would be a wise decision? Also financial decision as well. Also my balt is a DD, so I'm not really looking for A LOT of power yanno I just want some boost.
Last edited by Powered By LE5; 05-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.