HELP! My car pee'd on my girlfriend! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

HELP! My car pee'd on my girlfriend!

Haha, as funny as this sounds, its true. I took delivery of my brand new 09 LS yesterday from Criswell Chevrolet. It was raining like hell in the DC area but I went to pick up my girl and show her my new car anyways. As we were driving along, she casually pointed out to me that her legs were getting wet. When I looked down I noticed water coming out from under the dash!

Oddly, it would only do this when driving up hill, and it was just a little stream of water. After stopping to investigate, it appears it is coming out from a small hole in the housing of the blower motor behind the glove box. I had to drive from DC to Norfolk, VA in the rain last night, and this morning discovered that the towel I placed in the passenger footwell was soaked. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? Im gonna call the dealer back and schedule her for a warranty repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jnicks510
hmm thats interesting. sometimes i hear water moving around after i start the car but i never had any leaks. maybe there is a hole in the fluid line from the AC? idk what its called.

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBalt
I've heard of this before, but can't remember what it was from. I think it had something to do with the AC, or a plug not being in place somewhere.

White '07 LT coupe with lotsa purple stuff.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Something in the AC is quickly becoming my theory as well. My buddy and I went to the movies tonight (Terminator Salvation... not too shabby) and it pee'd on him to. And it was not raining out tonight. On the blower motor cover there is a bolt closer to the passenger and what looks like a small hole next to it. Its not a crack or anything, its a small round hole that was drilled or cast in, looks like it was meant to be there. That appears to be the source of the water. I just don't know if I should plug it... seems like a bad idea with the blower motor there. Maybe there's somewhere else in the system that needs to be plugged? Any other ideas?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jnicks510
sorry bro i have no idea. i really really hope this doesnt happen to me though.

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Well, I may have already found a solution. Did some more focused research online, and came up with a TSB #05-01-38-016B. Seems like this isn't unheard of in the Cobalts, as well as a few other Chevys. From what I gather (and it's hard to find the TSB's spelled out, most sites want to charge you), you need to flush the AC drain line which is located somewhere on the passengers side of the firewall. From what I could gather, its hard to see from the top. Additionally, there is some gasket, somewhere in the system that may need to be replaced. I couldn't find anymore information than this, but if anyone has this problem or questions about it, I'd suggest talking to your dealer. I'll let you know when I get this resolved.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular

Take it to criswell, and ask them you just bought the car so it will be under warranty. its just water coming out and not coolant or anything right? if its coolant it must be coming from the heater core.

Also, what color is the balt since there is a chance I'll see you on the street sometime.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 PM

Garage
wow... can't say I've ever had this issue.