Installed Alarm, but No LOCKS! GRR - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Angry Installed Alarm, but No LOCKS! GRR

Hey all!

So I finally got my alarm installed last weekend (the nustart base model, no remote start, just remote alarm with shockguard and loud a$$ siren). Bestbuy here in montreal did it for me. I also payed them an extra $160 to get my 2 doors to unlock with the alarm (actuators were included in the price) cuz i have a base model and I wanted to have remote entry with the alarm. So total was like $350 with install of all that. So guy at bestbuy tells me it's not guaranteed that they can install the door actuators for remote entry. I said 'well, my door panel is big i don't see why it would be a problem' he said 'probably not'. So I get a call in the afternoon and guys ays car is done. I'm happy, and I ask if the actuators fit properly in the door. says 'nope' with satisfaction and ime like 'wtf' he gives me the story that they fit fine, but there's no place to mount them or something. I was like 'you can't find any solution to this?'. he then tells me he doesnt see how is possible. So i was kinda pissed, got my money back for the actuators and install, but now I have to disarm the alarm via remote then manually open the doors.
I don't see how a bestbuy installer who does this all day couldnt suggest some kind of solution or find a way to do it. Kinda pisses me off, i payed good money for this to be done and he cant do it, now i gotta go find someone else who is competent enough to do it.

Anyone on here have actuators(door pumps) installed and if so was there any problems like this? cuz i want this done and i have no idea who can do this for me...i just want it done at a reasonable price. I'm sure i could do it myself but it's snowy and cold here and i have no place in my garage, and so it's easier for me to just have someone do it, also cuz i want an install guarantee and warranty for the door pumps too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

so they couldn't do it and still charged you??? i used to work at best buy and they are not supposed to do that..

and its possible.. he just didn't want to do it.. they probably had a bigger job comming in that they needed to work on..

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwannabee View Post
so they couldn't do it and still charged you??? i used to work at best buy and they are not supposed to do that..

and its possible.. he just didn't want to do it.. they probably had a bigger job comming in that they needed to work on..
nope they finished mine early. I knew that the guy did not wanna do it. And I said above that they DID refund me for the parts and labour, of course lol i woulda neever payed for something NOT to be done. I just really wanted it done. I told him when I picked it up "I KNOW it can be done, it HAS been done, so where can I go to get this done?" he said he could not see how it could be done since the wire or the rod(more likely) was like in back of the metal panel etc etc i was like "ook wtv..." i though in my head "how do the manufacturers and other install places get it done then bud?" i knew it was because he didnt wanna get into the install, he was a bit lazy.

Also, if you know, I got the nustart A-1000 or wtv, and when i lock it the LED doesnt flash near my rearview mirror. The little unit with the LED is there, and there's a little button on it and when i press it, the led flashes, but i want the led to flash when i activate my alarm too. Instructions dont say sh*t all. Any ideas?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:49 AM

no clue.. i worked in the car sterio section but i just sold stuff, i didn't install. but i still know that its possible. we did keyless entry on every car known to man... jeeps, cobalts, even an old fererri.. i know it can be done..

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
no clue.. i worked in the car sterio section but i just sold stuff, i didn't install. but i still know that its possible. we did keyless entry on every car known to man... jeeps, cobalts, even an old fererri.. i know it can be done..
i know and that's what pisses me off. All he had to do was taken abit of extra time and done it. Wtv imma call around this week and ask places if they can do it. Think the guy at futureshop seemed pretty confident he could do it so maybe i'll leave it there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 PM

honestly.. if you got the hardware im sure you could save the cash and install it yourself.. its an easy install.. just run a few wires and find a place to mount the motors..

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
honestly.. if you got the hardware im sure you could save the cash and install it yourself.. its an easy install.. just run a few wires and find a place to mount the motors..
ya Im sure i could but like i said, it's winter here and no garage space (parents truck and trailer in there) and if i get it done, it's not that pricey and the work will be guaranteed, as well as the warranty for the door actuators. So if something breaks i wont have to f*ck with it to fix it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM

yeah.. screw sorking outside in the winter... lol.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
yeah.. screw sorking outside in the winter... lol.
yeah, lucky enough that i managed to install my sound system this sunday...it was like 0 or -1 celcius (32-30F) and i was out there doing a full frikin trunk install! then snows the next day! lucky i'd say.

I just threw it all in for the winter, nothing fancy. When spring hits my ride is getting made over! nice trunk audio layout, dark as hell tints, new shocks/struts with lowering springs, put my mags on :D WOOO cant wait LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode