New My Link Package - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New My Link Package

has anyone seen the new 2010 cobalts with mylink package, its sweet! Custom wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls, 1 yr of xm, turn by turn nav, and usb port as well as bluetooth. Its sweet we just got a few in and they are SWEET!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:25 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawskeet View Post
has anyone seen the new 2010 cobalts with mylink package, its sweet! Custom wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls, 1 yr of xm, turn by turn nav, and usb port as well as bluetooth. Its sweet we just got a few in and they are SWEET!

post some pics man

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
sounds like my '07, besides XM, got rid of that waste of money

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

only thing mine doesn't have is the usb.. well kinda. i have ipod hookup.. so how much extra are they charging for this bs.

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Expert

Garage
lol same here. i have an 07 lt but only things im missing are turn by turn nav and usb, which i dont need anyway cuz i have the auxiliary port

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
congratulations.

like said above....pics?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Contributor

My 09' has all that except the XM receiver, which I did not want. It looks like the normal radio face, the USB port is merely on the opposite side from the optical input. This car has it, you can see the black plug where the USB port is (comes with the car):

The USB iPod connectivity is AWESOME - it reproduces the full iPod menus on the radio screen and you can scroll through all your playlists, artists, etc. without ever taking your hands off the wheel. Because it's USB, it also charges your iPod while you drive. It can also do the same with portable hard drives or USB keys. It was an option on early 2009s (a.k.a. mine), but still, best $115 I've EVER spent. Seriously, the AUX port is garbage and you'll never want to use one again after having this.

I tried the turn-by-turn navigation before my trial ran out and it was kind of lame... I'd definitely rather just use a GPS unit.

The Bluetooth is amazing, especially now that Ontario passed a law banning holding cell phones while driving. You set it up once and from then on all you do is make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on - it synchs to the car automatically. You can dial by voice by reading out the number, or program in words to go with numbers (i.e. "Home", "Julia"). When you receive a call it mutes the stereo for you and rings through the speakers, you just hit the phone button on the wheel to answer.

Oh, and for those who have the USB port, some likely don't know you can use the wheel controls to go through the iPod menus... I didn't find out until I'd owned the car for 8 months . You hold UP to select something, DOWN to go back a menu level (i.e. from an album's songs to the artist's album list), and tap up or down to scroll.

2009 Cobalt SS/TC - Black, Black/Black Int., G85, Sunroof, debadged - SOLD

Last edited by Force; 12-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force View Post
My 09' has all that except the XM receiver, which I did not want. It looks like the normal radio face, the USB port is merely on the opposite side from the optical input. This car has it, you can see the black plug where the USB port is (comes with the car):

The USB iPod connectivity is AWESOME - it reproduces the full iPod menus on the radio screen and you can scroll through all your playlists, artists, etc. without ever taking your hands off the wheel. Because it's USB, it also charges your iPod while you drive. It can also do the same with portable hard drives or USB keys. It was an option on early 2009s (a.k.a. mine), but still, best $115 I've EVER spent. Seriously, the AUX port is garbage and you'll never want to use one again after having this.

I tried the turn-by-turn navigation before my trial ran out and it was kind of lame... I'd definitely rather just use a GPS unit.

The Bluetooth is amazing, especially now that Ontario passed a law banning holding cell phones while driving. You set it up once and from then on all you do is make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on - it synchs to the car automatically. You can dial by voice by reading out the number, or program in words to go with numbers (i.e. "Home", "Julia"). When you receive a call it mutes the stereo for you and rings through the speakers, you just hit the phone button on the wheel to answer.

Oh, and for those who have the USB port, some likely don't know you can use the wheel controls to go through the iPod menus... I didn't find out until I'd owned the car for 8 months . You hold UP to select something, DOWN to go back a menu level (i.e. from an album's songs to the artist's album list), and tap up or down to scroll.
hell yea its awesome! i dont have it but my aftermarket stereo does lol

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bbrewbaker
I have the My Link package on my 2010.
The ipod controls also work with and change my Iphone 3G.
I also really like the Bluetooth. because i also drive through area that has a hand held ban.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Forum God

Garage
I test drove one of these bad boys..The dealership tried to charge 30k

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode