Silly 4 Dr LS, Speeds For LSJ's - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Silly 4 Dr LS, Speeds For LSJ's

Not really haha, just thought it was a funny title.

Took the balt out and since i missed the powa I was having fun when traffic would let up. Caught a light and was on the front line so no one up infront for a little ways. Light goes green and I take off, not hard but not slow. This white 4 dr LS comes out of this development and across the other two lanes and pulls into the left lane(I am in the right) so I fly past just enjoying a car with more than 120hp. I whip over just after passing the LS and than begin to slow cause of a red light which had a few cars. I pull up and survey the cars and realize I am in the wrong lane if I want to get through quickly AND safely of course. So I move back over and just as I get into the right lane the LS is flying up on my ass, I guess they thought they would get over and have the better lane but I got over in time.

Light goes green and my g/f is watching him on my ass(or her, no idea) and says "OMG, do you really think your base 4dr can hang with this car" I just laugh, its so great when she is cool like that. So I am just going with the flow, the left lane opens enough for me to move over in time as the cars ahead of me are going slow so I give it some gas in order to not cut off the car and i get over. Of course the LS has to be cool too but basically cuts off the car. So now I am not impressed, its one thing to play but atleast have some common sense and reserve to not cause others to have to brake heavily.

So I decide that I am just going to lose this person so I get enough room to move back over after surveying the road ahead and make my move and just leave them in the dust, they of course try to stay with and than finally I lose them in traffic after doing another couple moves and get to where i need to be.

So, if you happen to come by this thread, get some power before trying to hang with the big boys hahaha. Joking of course. Just a pet peeve to have the same type of car act like they are the shizzle. When I had my LS, I knew my place.

EDIT: In no way am I putting down LS's and stuff, just owners like this one. Do not think this was racing either, I know better than that, I was just using my talents and what traffic gave me to work with, people maneuver in and out of traffic all the time and that is all I was doing and this person just did not have what it took which they seemed to think they had. All I am getting at, thanks.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page

Last edited by Beamer; 12-19-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Forum God

Yea right my Ls is way faster then ur SS! lol just kidding obviously. I do hate when people do this and then blow by you. its immature and unnecessary.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's

Last edited by BlackARCA06; 12-19-2009 at 08:53 PM.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
my LS is faster than a regular LS

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackARCA06 View Post
Yea right my Ls is way faster then ur SS! lol just kidding obviously. I do hate when people do this and then blow by you. its immature and unnecessary.
I like them wheels man, in pics they are not done justice. A clone SS around here had them on his, they looked good in person

Slap an M62 on those 2.2s and thats something. If I had known alot more when I had my LS I would of kept it and just put my own kit together.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
My LS is swoopier than most LS's.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
I like them wheels man, in pics they are not done justice. A clone SS around here had them on his, they looked good in person

Slap an M62 on those 2.2s and thats something. If I had known alot more when I had my LS I would of kept it and just put my own kit together.
Thanks, yea I would love to SC mine, it definitely possible in the future...but right now I worrying about getting my suspension done. lol (im low on money right now do to college).

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Veteran

Yea the other day I had some retatd in a bolt on ls with a fart can and a shitlod of pointless gauges trying me at every light...I finally gave him a head start and blew by him tires squalling.....it gets annoying
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

i had a little ls do that to me.. but it had a 2.4 supercharged from the foctory... DO NOT ASK ME HOW... it was the base model, no leather interior it did have the premium pioneer system though. ls body kit and all.. it was special ordeded from chevy like this the guy said. nice sleeper but he had put ss decals on it and he was still slow because i got him from about 40 mph in third. lol.

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwannabee View Post
i had a little ls do that to me.. but it had a 2.4 supercharged from the foctory... DO NOT ASK ME HOW... it was the base model, no leather interior it did have the premium pioneer system though. ls body kit and all.. it was special ordeded from chevy like this the guy said. nice sleeper but he had put ss decals on it and he was still slow because i got him from about 40 mph in third. lol.
that was me

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
that was me
it was white and the guy looked like a douche..

so cool when did you get your car painted???

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode