Did You Buy a New Cobalt This Year? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to thecashier
Did You Buy a New Cobalt This Year?

Since its about my cobalt and others who purchased theirs in 09 i figured i could post this here, but have no objections of being moved...anywho..

So i was watching the news before punching in for work the other day and a story about a tax rebate for "most" new cars bought between Feb 17 and Dec something in 2009 are eligible for a tax rebate that has to filed on a separate income tax form or whatever. Had no idea about this thing until I heard about it, so my question is has anyone else heard about the rebate (and im not talking about the cash for clunkers thing), this "act" or whatever is supposedly called the "American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009." I figure since I couldn't qualify for the "Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act of 2009,"
otherwise known as the Cash for clunkers, I might be able to participate in this one, and yes my car was purchased after Feb 17 2009 lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Forum God

Garage
can it be any year? I bought mine in May but it's a used 06

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

the article said something about a new car after feb 17 09, but im not sure if it has to be a "new" car like showroom new.

makes me wonder if theres a tax accountant on this site lol
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ADIDASS Send a message via Yahoo to ADIDASS
The tax rebate is for buying a brand new car. Not a new used car.

Black 2009 SS/TC|20% Tint|Ark Shorty Antenna|Customized License Plate Cover|Customized Front Bowtie|Weathertech Vent Visors|3rd Generation Projectors w/ 6k HID's|IPCW LED Tails|3rd Brake Light Mod w/ Vinyl Overlay|Reflective Black SS Inlays|Nightshaded Side Markers|E-brake Mod|Redlinegoods Shifter/E-brake Boots|AVIC-Z110BT Headunit|Di-Noc 3M Dry Carbon Fiber Trim|Armrest w/ Cover|MRZ "Cobalt SS" Door Sills|K&N Drop-in Filter|GMS1|Goodyear Eagle GT AS Tires|
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Well at least mine was new, i think i bought her at 16 miles =)

Do you know anything about this rebate?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Forum God

Im curious if Canada has the same thing. would be nice
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

it was/is part of Obama's so called "stimulus" package/bill or whatever. But who knows you might get lucky
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss_Cobaltous2
i hope thats true cuz i bought mine brand new in august...but i also did cash for clunkers so would i still qualify for that thing?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Expert

Garage
LULZ TO THE LAST COMMENT!

Comments
Jul 22, 2009 4:45 PM
Lena Gott :
For more information about this topic, visit my complete article list here (copy and paste this URL into your browser): Articles written by Lena Gott
Aug 5, 2009 6:37 AM
Guest :
I feel this is very unfair, in that if you don't have a vehicle to turn in, you can't be part of this incentive. When I first heard about it, i thought you can go to any dealer to purchase a new 2009 of your choice, and have $2500 knocked off of the price. Now, I'm learning that I can't get my son a vehicle using this incentive unless I turn in a car. I don't have a vehicle to turn in. This program does not include everyone. It is very unfair.
Aug 5, 2009 4:36 PM
Guest :
I totally agree with what you said. If it is good for one it should b e good for the rest. I too feel that I'm at a loss here. Very disgraceful that they didn't notice or do anything about this...Shame on them..
Aug 11, 2009 8:11 PM
Guest :
I feel that it is unfair that there is a year limit to the cars that can be turned in. My only car is a 1980 model and I don't feel that it is fair that I don't meet the requirements just due to the fact that I havn't upgraded to a newer model to trade in.
Aug 20, 2009 11:30 AM
Guest :
I'm in agreement that this program seems to really exclude those of us who really need a new car, but don't meet the requirements in this program. Seems that this program is aimed for the middle class again, leaving the rest of us in the lower income brackets to remain stuck where we are with our clunkers.
Aug 22, 2009 2:49 PM
Guest :
quit your complaining. maybe if you guys werent poor, youd be able to buy a car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode