P0420 Inspection? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
P0420 Inspection?

ok so i gotta get my car to pass pa emissions, it throws a p0420 code because of a high flow cat. if i get a trifecta tune and the code tuned off, can i still pass a pa inspection? or will the inspection computer fail it for not having the p0420 code. the other option is to put the stock downpipe back on for the test, but there is alot of snow on the ground and i dont have a garage. so that really would be unpleasant, tuning would be much easyer and give more hp. just need to make sure it will pass if i get it tuned. anybody know if i can pass with a tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Expert

Garage
Good question: Mainly.... if you use the trifecta program and delete the code Riiiiiight before rolling into the shop will it pass.......

but i guess more importantly, will the EMISSIONS be any different, i mean, you STILL have a CAT, so maybe it will still pass the smog tests.... and maybe it doesnt matter code or no code as long as your within emission standards (whatever the Heck they might be)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
in pa they dont smog test the cobalts, its all done off the computer. in theory it should work, but i dont wanna do it and then find out it wont work and then be screwed.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
it should be that as long as you're within the acceptable range for emissions that any code wouldn't matter. when you bought the high-flow cat it should have said somewhere on it if it was DOT approved for emissions. that's just my best guess though.

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
its the racing solutions one, whatever brand that is, pe engineering or something, but it says its california compliant and obd2 compliant and pa emision is much lighter than california standards
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
yeah, you should be fine then. california has some of if not the strictest emissions standards in the country.

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode