Need Some Help - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Need Some Help

can someone tell me where the coolant temperature sensor is located. engine light came on and put it on computer and said coolant temperature sensor was below normal. the part is only 12.99 to buy i just hope i can put it on and not have to pay for it. around here they charge an arm and a leg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
can someone tell me where the coolant temperature sensor is located. engine light came on and put it on computer and said coolant temperature sensor was below normal. the part is only 12.99 to buy i just hope i can put it on and not have to pay for it. around here they charge an arm and a leg
You have a 2.2 right.....if so give me a second and i'll go snap a pic for ya

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Kinda hard to take a picture but i found this...

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

yea its an 05 base 2.2 my bad. i am on my cell right now and cant make those pics out i will try to get to my pc tomorrow. thank you very much for those.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

i have a stupid question. do the cobalts actually display a code on thee dic ? this is the second time with my engine light. auto zone said the first time the cel came on it was cause fuel running too lean.i put fuel dry and injector cleaner in and fixed then a week ago it came on and never went out so they showed me the reading. but for these problems i have not seen a code come up. is this bad?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

i have been doing some research on the net and seems like half the people with my problem is being caused by thermostat and not the sensor. can anyone help me figure which one it is?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Forum God

The sensor is right under the exhaust manifold and to the right. It sticks out towards the back

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Expert

There isn't much anyone can do for this concern without a proper scan tool and more information. no the code won't be displayed on the DIC. Who would even know what it means? Normally it is a thermostat concern, either stuck open or stuck closed.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

i took it to autozone and the guy hooked up a tool to a plug under my dash and he showed it to me it said "coolant temperature sensor reading below normal temp range" he said i would need a new coolant temp sensor. but the more i read thee more it sounds like it might be the thermostat. The engine light went out as soon as he checked it and has not come back on yet but i will check out the thermostat first. thanks all
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
i have a stupid question. do the cobalts actually display a code on thee dic ? this is the second time with my engine light. auto zone said the first time the cel came on it was cause fuel running too lean.i put fuel dry and injector cleaner in and fixed then a week ago it came on and never went out so they showed me the reading. but for these problems i have not seen a code come up. is this bad?
Your mistake is going to auto zone. Go to napa or orielly's
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Forum God

How about pep boys? I ran over a big puddle on a heavy downpour and my check engine light came on. This happened last month. So u think pep boys is ok to check it?

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode