Front License Plate-Illinois - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Front License Plate-Illinois

so it is required in the state of illinois to have a front license plate displayed at all times..
heres the thing, the law used to say that there cannot be any clear, glass, or plastic covers on the license plate, it must be free from any obstructions.

the law recently changed and they ruled out the part bout it being covered by clear objects such as plastic, glass, etc.

i hate having my front license plate on, it just takes away from the car completely..

any chance i can just put it up on the passenger side on the dash behind the glass...
anyone from illinois that has to deal with this? and what have you done about it?(anything at all?) or do i just have to deal with this..lol

thanks.

06 Majestic Amethyst Cobalt Coupe Lt ----------------------------------------------------
Completed Modifications: 17"Aftermarket rims/tires, Completely Debadged, 2 12 inch JL Audio's, Rocksford Fosgate 1200watt amplifier, Kenwood LED headunit, Anzo black housed headlights, black painted front badge, removed door guards/factory pinstripes, VHT nightshaded brake lights, KNN air filter, aftermarket exhaust system
soon: CAI, Eibach Sportlines, 18" rims w/tires, CF trunk/hood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Expert

Garage
I use to live in Illinois and the cops were pretty strict about the front license plate. It sucks to have it, but you have to deal with it...

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Newcomer

my cousin got pulled over for having it the passenger side on the dash behind the glass. you just have to deal with it.

'06 SS/SC G85 Mods-CAI, Megan Cat-back exhaust,Ingallls Torque Damper, Hurst Short Throw, CX Racing Heat Exchanger. Upcoming Mods-Stage 2,Header & Downpipe, etc....
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 AM
Forum Regular

This was published in my local news paper last week.

Proposed law would change Illinois license plate requirement

Current Mods: Eibach Pro-kit springs and anti-roll kit, KYB Excell-G struts and shocks, Moog sway links, Prothane Front Control Arm Bushings (coming soon)

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmk4096 View Post
This was published in my local news paper last week.

Proposed law would change Illinois license plate requirement
I hope that law passes. Thanks for the info. I think that the front plates look terrible on the front end of any sport (sporty looking) car. I have not put front plates on my cars for the last 20 years. I have only been stopped twice. Both times while passing through Bolingbrook on RT. 53 (cops gave me warning tickets) and received one fine in Chicago, not by a real cop but by a male meter maid while my car was parked a couple of years ago.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

right..i hope that law gets passed soon..i hate havin my front plate on..its so annoying lol..

06 Majestic Amethyst Cobalt Coupe Lt ----------------------------------------------------
Completed Modifications: 17"Aftermarket rims/tires, Completely Debadged, 2 12 inch JL Audio's, Rocksford Fosgate 1200watt amplifier, Kenwood LED headunit, Anzo black housed headlights, black painted front badge, removed door guards/factory pinstripes, VHT nightshaded brake lights, KNN air filter, aftermarket exhaust system
soon: CAI, Eibach Sportlines, 18" rims w/tires, CF trunk/hood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode