Cobalt Hate? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Exclamation Cobalt Hate?

What's up with all the hate on the cobalts?

I was bored this morning and was trying to find someone online who had a cobalt with the mileage of mine (156k miles) and couldn't...

infact everyone claims they are junk, in the shop every week etc..

couldn't find a single good thing said about the cobalt... amazing.. am I the one in a million that got a ****ing amazing peice of machinery? I depend on it for my living and deliver steaks out of it 7 days a week/ 150 miles/day.

Why does everyone hate the cobalt? was it 'forced' on them (stupid kid who wanted a civic/corolla but parents bought a balt?)

seems like all the negatives are from people who have hated their car from day one... I've always loved mine and its NEVER let me down

original battery, alternator, starter, wheelbearings, etc 156k THANK YOU CHEVY.. for $7500 at 1 year old with 60k miles I would have been looking at an old tired peice of foreign crap at that price-point..

In the end all I have to say is that my cobalt cost about half of what a civic cost with the same year/mileage... and with 156k now... I don't think I lost out one bit.

7hrs a day 7days a week spent in the drivers seat of my chevy cobalt.

still a blast, still performing well... 4t45e still shifting like a gunshot.. I think I'll go for a drive

05 Base ATX, sedan, stock, blue granite, 151k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
you have 156000 miles WOW post pics of that one

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Forum God

Garage
U sir have officially "gone the distance"

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt

aww, i like this post.

Yeah, i dont get it either... they're common, but good lord w/ just a few things done to them and IMO they're very nice look cars... i love mine & plan to keep it for a while... lol

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

what Im amazed at is the longevity of the stock parts...

my front struts are just about on their last leg but the car does not drive any different then the day i bought it... and delivering food in this town has torn up every single car I've owned noticeably after about 100k hard in-town miles... but not this car.

it's sort of exciting to think it really may be quite serviceable after 300k at this rate...

pics to come soon

05 Base ATX, sedan, stock, blue granite, 151k miles
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Expert

<<hates his car and cant wait to pay it off....

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
IDK, maybe it was a spontanteous buy for them and they thought all balts are the same but they got the cheapo model and thought it should run like the top models(sssc/tc). Maybe they just did not do their research and jumped into the car without thinking. I do not have one myself but know a good bit thanks to a friend, I would take one over my fusion anyday now but I do love my fusion.

"Your hit, you're bleeding man"
"I aint got time to bleed!"
"Oh ok.... you got time to duck"
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Forum Regular

Hate the world is full of haters, personaly I like to watch them throw hating fits when I roll by on rims, riding clean, with my car bumpin. Cobalts are good cars, don't let the haters get you all wound up, instead get them going.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via MSN to droflakcin Send a message via Yahoo to droflakcin
i admit that i bought mine off impulse.. i only went to test drive.. it was my 18th birthday and i could finally TD cars. ha. but i do love my car. my wife calls it a chick car and she swears she never see's guys driving them, i see dudes in them all day long haha. but yeah, i love it. no hate from me

2005 Chevy Cobalt LS

I like constructive criticism.
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...tml#post321632
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular

yeah i admit i wanted a civic before this then when i got the balt i loved it although i hate the low quality of the interior (how it rattles so much from bass).....and i was in a way forced to get this from my parents because i wanted a range rover...2000, 116,000miles, great condition for 7,500 dollars...

i researched so much about it and only found bad things about it like that they're in the shop every week, expensive to maintain, ect.... now i knew it was a gas guzzler and probably was expensive to fix and even with oil changes...but hey, it wouldve been my first car, beautiful quality, freakin amazing ride quality, and the bass would have been an orgasm from every punch of bass, no rattle, so so smooth...

okay okay okay.....im getting off topic....u get the point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode