G5GT Vs Sentra SE-R? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
G5GT Vs Sentra SE-R?

Yes, I know Yc does not condone street racing and I don't either. I received a challenge from a coworker that drives an 04-06 SE-R. My 5 is fully bolted/trifecta tuned auto with engine/tranny mounts. The only mod that I know the Sentra has is a fart can.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this potential race. It probably won't happen anyway. This guy has been eyeing my car for months and finally opened his mouth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
Well, I think it will be an even event and it will come down to the driver. In stock form both cars are about equil in weight, hp and tq. He is a few hundred pds. lighter and has a few hp over you in stock form. You probally with your bolts on's and tune have I would say 10 to 15 hp over him. But it could come down to your suspension setups and your tires. If both of you are good drivers someone will win by a nose.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Forum God

Garage
is the sentra manual or auto

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROPPEDATBIRTH View Post
Well, I think it will be an even event and it will come down to the driver. In stock form both cars are about equil in weight, hp and tq. He is a few hundred pds. lighter and has a few hp over you in stock form. You probally with your bolts on's and tune have I would say 10 to 15 hp over him. But it could come down to your suspension setups and your tires. If both of you are good drivers someone will win by a nose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr-LS View Post
is the sentra manual or auto
Its' a manual.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
The SE-R's came with both a 5 or 6 speed setup. The ratios are the same with the exception of the 6th gear.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Forum God

Garage
hmm well if hes not heavily modded like you then im sure you can beat him by a bit unless hes a hell of a driver

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
I raced one of these in my 2.4, I won, you're an Auto though but with mods.. you'll be fine, smack talk him away

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
being an ex spec V owner, i can tell you, that if it's the same driver it will be pretty close. Also, there is quite some difference between the SE-R specV and just se-r. There is about 15 hp (at the crank) difference. And the Spec has a close ratio tranny, so it's actually not the same ratio, plus stiffer suspension setup,. If he has the Spec V and assuming you auto doesn't drag you down too much and he is a half competent driver (with wheels no bigger than 17s) it will be neck to neck.

Why don't you guys just bring it to the drag strip?

just be safe out there!

MODS: GMPP "Performance" cat-back, GMPP intake, GMPP extrude honed header, GMPP ground effects kit, lip spoiler, gen 4 headlights, DC sport strut tower brace, splitter, vortex generators, motegi SP10, Iridium spark plugs, ractive aluminum pedals, white carbon shift knob, shorty antenna, 4300K HID low beams (screw electricals warranty)

by gCobalt05
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
I doubt we'll race unless we go to the track. The cops don't play games down here and I'm not trying to pay a $200+ ticket for street racing lol

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Expert

my votes for neck and neck... only thing is hes got more gears to play with..

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode