Been a Year Already... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Thumbs down Been a Year Already...

Well, I've now had the Cobalt for a year already and not real happy with it. Its got a few problems right now as it sits. the remote locks arent working at all and it makes noise when I make right turns. plus the trademark rattles which I hide with my stereo. idk, just kinda pissed I bought it and owe money on something I cant stand. I also made the mistake of buying an auto thinking it would be nice to own a auto again but nah, it sucks. the MPG is not as good as I think it should be, and the power band is a joke even for a 4 banger. plus I think its got a bad rotor cuz the brakes pulse when I hit them at higher speeds like on the highway. its also awesome when I am 3 hours away from home seeing the GF at school and the traction control light, ABS light and CEL come on for no reason and then turn off for no reason. For a small cheap car I dont expect much, but damn I expect more than this.

2006 Chevy Cobalt 2LT Coupe - Majestic Amethyst Metallic - Auto Trans
Factory- power windows, power locks, keyless entry, sunroof, chrome exhaust tip, leather steering wheel, leather shifter, white face gauges, fogs, and spoiler
Showoff Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Wow... Have you considered that maybe the mpg you are getting is not the car's fault? Just a question, and not a flaming...

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
Wow... Have you considered that maybe the mpg you are getting is not the car's fault? Just a question, and not a flaming...
I got 18 inch rims and its a cobalt, i dont race down the roads lol.

Factory- power windows, power locks, keyless entry, sunroof, chrome exhaust tip, leather steering wheel, leather shifter, white face gauges, fogs, and spoiler
Showoff Thread
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribs View Post
Well, I've now had the Cobalt for a year already and not real happy with it. Its got a few problems right now as it sits. the remote locks arent working at all and it makes noise when I make right turns. plus the trademark rattles which I hide with my stereo. idk, just kinda pissed I bought it and owe money on something I cant stand. I also made the mistake of buying an auto thinking it would be nice to own a auto again but nah, it sucks. the MPG is not as good as I think it should be, and the power band is a joke even for a 4 banger. plus I think its got a bad rotor cuz the brakes pulse when I hit them at higher speeds like on the highway. its also awesome when I am 3 hours away from home seeing the GF at school and the traction control light, ABS light and CEL come on for no reason and then turn off for no reason. For a small cheap car I dont expect much, but damn I expect more than this.
Well the rattles are easily fixed, oh and About your power band...a 2.2 Automatic.....thats why...

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoElsupremo View Post
Well the rattles are easily fixed, oh and About your power band...a 2.2 Automatic.....thats why...
+1 the stick is so much faster. Or at least it feels faster. lol

Slammed to the ground, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profficial View Post
Remember 3rd gear is the money shot, once you pass him just yell "Ecotec just kicked in yo!"
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Forum God

The power band is a lot better then some econo 4 bangers, go drive a new civic or foreign econo car and you'll be able to tell the difference. And as far as the gas mileage it depends how you drive, its not gonna get good gas mileage on its own. Not trying to be a **** I'm just stating what is true. For me paying 15,000 for a cobalt with extra's (rims, sport package etc) was a good deal for a brand new car.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's

Last edited by BlackARCA06; 10-17-2010 at 09:43 AM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoElsupremo View Post
no joke. that also could be cuz this is my first car with a 4 banger. everything before was a V6 except the VW it was a VR6 lol.

The MPG should be just a little better, I drive like I should and think it could be better. Gas isnt 4 bucks anymore so its no sweat but just wonder if maybe something is a little off effecting the engine.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackARCA06 View Post
The power band is a lot better then some econo 4 bangers, go drive a new civic or foreign econo car and you'll be able to tell the difference. And as far as the gas mileage it depends how you drive, its not gonna get good gas mileage on its own. Not trying to be a **** I'm just stating what is true. For me paying 15,000 for a cobalt with extra's (rims, sport package etc) was a good deal for a brand new car.
I drove an auto tC a few years back. I spun the tires in it pretty decent (for what a 4 banger can) and the balt dont do shit.

Showoff Thread
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
I drove an auto tC a few years back. I spun the tires in it pretty decent (for what a 4 banger can) and the balt dont do shit.

Damn that sucks. On the test drive before I bought mine I gave her 4,000 rpm, dumped the clutch, then floored it. She lit up like the 4th of July. I did not know auto balts were that bad.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
Damn that sucks. On the test drive before I bought mine I gave her 4,000 rpm, dumped the clutch, then floored it. She lit up like the 4th of July. I did not know auto balts were that bad.
yeah, if I hammer it the tracton control kicks on and stops the engine from reving up. Lame. NO FUN!

Showoff Thread
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Forum God

Quote:
yeah, if I hammer it the tracton control kicks on and stops the engine from reving up. Lame. NO FUN!
Drop it into low gear, and try again. lol and I wasn't referring to every 4 banger just econo cars. The TC compares more to the 2.4. The 2.2 is in the group with civics, ford focus's etc.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's

Last edited by BlackARCA06; 10-17-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode