Remote Start for Manual Transmission. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Remote Start for Manual Transmission.

I used to have a remote start in my manual neon, but I needed to do these steps every time so the car will start, and I dont want to do that as it defeats the purpose of having a remote start.

What remote start can I buy for my manual Cobalt that knows the car is in neutral and will start because of that without doing these steps below.

1. With the engine running, set the parking brake and leave the engine running. For Pit Stop or Turbo Timer mode (to leave the engine running after Locking) open the driver door.
2. Release the foot brake (if pressed during Step 1), or press and release the foot brake anytime. As long as the engine is running there is no time limit to perform this step.
3. Within 20 seconds of foot brake release, press any command button on the remote, after 20 seconds return to Step 2 (For Turbo
Note
Temperature report must be turned on by an authorized Di- rected dealer.
32 2009 Directed Electronics. All rights reserved.
Timer Mode, press the optional dash mounted activation button or send the Timer Mode command from the Advanced Start menu screen).
4. The parking lights flash 5 times to confirm MTS mode enable and theremotestartactivatestheignitionoutputs.The remotestarton text and beeps play to confirm.
5. Turn Off and remove the key from the ignition switch, the engine remains running.
6. Exit the vehicle, close all the doors and Lock the system. 7. The engine turns off and after a few seconds, the remote start off message plays to confirm. If the door is opened in Step 3 then
the engine continues to run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
You will probably have to pound the pavement and check your local audio shops for that info. You may not have availablity to the same brands someone else may have access to.

Can also try Crutchfields

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
2 that pop into my head that make them for manuals is Clifford and Bulldog

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via MSN to ndbalt07 Send a message via Skype™ to ndbalt07
I have a compustar for mine. I have to put it in reservation mode everytime I get out to use the auto start function. Push in the brake, pull the e-brake, let off the foot brake, take the key out and it stays running for two minutes or until you close the doors and trunk if you pop the trunk.

07' LS 5 spd, bullseye S256 @ 17 psi wut?!, E85!!!, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle rods, spec stage 3 clutch, TTR motor and tranny mounts, ARK sts, Magnaflow catback, tinted windows, B&G coilovers w/ adjustable camber plates, front bowtie painted black, and ETX ME-2 rims wrapped in 235/40/18 Nitto invos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode