Remote Start for Manual Transmission.
I used to have a remote start in my manual neon, but I needed to do these steps every time so the car will start, and I dont want to do that as it defeats the purpose of having a remote start.
What remote start can I buy for my manual Cobalt that knows the car is in neutral and will start because of that without doing these steps below.
1. With the engine running, set the parking brake and leave the engine running. For Pit Stop or Turbo Timer mode (to leave the engine running after Locking) open the driver door.
2. Release the foot brake (if pressed during Step 1), or press and release the foot brake anytime. As long as the engine is running there is no time limit to perform this step.
3. Within 20 seconds of foot brake release, press any command button on the remote, after 20 seconds return to Step 2 (For Turbo
Temperature report must be turned on by an authorized Di- rected dealer.
32 © 2009 Directed Electronics. All rights reserved.
Timer Mode, press the optional dash mounted activation button or send the Timer Mode command from the Advanced Start menu screen).
4. The parking lights flash 5 times to confirm MTS mode enable and theremotestartactivatestheignitionoutputs.The remotestarton text and beeps play to confirm.
5. Turn Off and remove the key from the ignition switch, the engine remains running.
6. Exit the vehicle, close all the doors and Lock the system. 7. The engine turns off and after a few seconds, the remote start off message plays to confirm. If the door is opened in Step 3 then
the engine continues to run.