here is the up to date info thread.
ok so I started this idea last year then last minuet was not able to go because my parents went out of town and need me to house sit!
so I would really like to start planning for a big meet in maybe kentucky or somewhere that would be centrally located for all or most members on the forum. I am located in Okc, Ok so I know that I would have to drive further than most but I think it would be sweet to have a meet with huge participation!
the dates I was thinking of were possibly the weekends of either 3-12-11 or 3-19-11 this is when my spring break is. it would be easier for me to leave and be able to stay longer. If it would not work for everyone else we could discuss possible dates.
also we would need to come up with ideas for what to do I mean I think it would get kind of boring fast if we had a friday night saturday and sunday morning of just hanging. it would be really cool to have like a cook out or a cruse or something planed with lots of photo opportunities.
this is just an idea thread so just post away ideas!
Ok so tenitave date is set MARCH 11 2011 through MARCH 13 2011 only reason this date would change is if dragons tail has a big meet already planned
ok so here is what we have planned so far
1. date IS going to be 3-11-11 through 3-13-11
2. are going to TN and to tail of the dragon
3. friday will be the day for every one to get up/down there and just kind of meet each other (last part of that is if we get enough people to get group rates at some hotel/lodging place)
4. saturday we will meet at some point along one of the roads leading to the tail of the dragon. then proceed to drive the roads with stops to take pics/video is people want
5.saturday evening stop at one of the state/national parks around the area and do a cookout/ hang out time.
things that are ideas that would need to have someone besides me doing them (as I am in Oklahoma and to far to do these the best way possible)
1. check into the area and post up the lodging choices that are not completly ran down. then look into prices and get ahold of the managers and see if we can get a group rate.
thats the only one I can think of right now
ok I think we need to look at the map and set a route. there is a map on tail of the dragons web page that has the most likely spots fro radar and officers.( all though there might not be a lot of speeding from the non lowed ls/lt's lol)
here is a motel that I am looking into as a possibility
11 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC
it is a Microtel Inns and Suites
if someone is local this would be a good place to look into seeing if we could get a group rate for friday night
here is a map with likely radar spots.
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
and lastly here is a map of the whole area surrounding the dragon Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC