Dealerships These Days... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Dealerships These Days...

I brought my ls in to get a bad control arm bushing replaced this morning, and 5 hours later, I get a call back from the service department telling me "your car doesnt use control arm bushings in the front." which I know is BS since I had a family friend who has been building racecars for years take a look at it first, and he showed me where the bushing was cracked.

Anyway, its been there for 7 hours now, and if they can't figure it out in the next hour or so I am going to pick it up since I need transportation and can't let them keep it overnight. In that case, I will get the bushings myself and bring it to my friends shop.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone knows the part number for a FE1 control arm bushing I would appreciate it.

"It's not rocket surgery"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Just go to the parts department and get the number from them and go to the service department and show them. I have had the same thing excpet with the fuel filter, the dealer in 3 different cities thought ours were in the tank.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

thanks, I'll do that. You'd think the service department would communicate with the parts department or at least look it up so these kind of things wouldnt happen.
I think Im just going to end up getting the bushing myself and bringing it to my friends shop either way, since it will cost me a hell of a lot less that way

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Agreed with that one, I plan on doing all mine, once I get the Camaro set up. Right now the Camaro is priority.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yeah I dont blame you, if I had a camaro that would be my priority as well haha. What year is it?

Edit: Dealership finally called back, told me exactly what I told them when I brought it in only they are charging me $120 to tell me. The price to replace the bushings is over $529, which I am definetly not paying to replace two $30 peices of rubber.

Last edited by Riot; 01-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 PM

1986 Sport, got it as a "get me by"vehicle until I can afford another full size truck.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

thats a damn good "get me by" vehicle, I think that was one of the best looking bodystyles they had

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to buzerk3 Send a message via Skype™ to buzerk3
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
Just go to the parts department and get the number from them and go to the service department and show them. I have had the same thing excpet with the fuel filter, the dealer in 3 different cities thought ours were in the tank.
I had to do something just like that when i took my car in for the oil change. I asked the service department about the GMS1 upgrade for my car and they were like what? So then b4 i went over into the parts department i google the part number and went into the parts department an asked them the same thing. I saw the guy get on his computer type in some stuff and was like "i dont see anything on here for your car". I just laughed to myself and said ok look up this part number... Seems like magic how all of a sudden stuff popped up on that computer screen. I just left after that, i knew i didnt wanna get it but was curious if they knew anything about it an i got my answer.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerExpert

I went in to get my coolant bypass hose replaced and they wanted 160 for it. I regrettably paid, but only to find out they used a universal hose that sticks out and looks horrible. So I called and flipped out and made that dealership my *****. And I got my ****in money back lol
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

they ended up charging me 65 instead of 120 when I picked it up, since I already knew everything they told me before they looked at the car. Still too much in my opinion, but its better than 120. From now on, unless its something huge, Im doing all my own work on my balt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode