Anyone Know What the Warranty is on Specific GM Parts? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Anyone Know What the Warranty is on Specific GM Parts?

I'm not sure at all if I'm putting this in the right forum, so please bear with me.

I've been having some problems with my car, and my mechanic (NOT a chevy dealership) has done all the troubleshooting he can and has deduced that I need new fuel injectors on the 2nd and 3rd cylinders. (Based on codes it's thrown. PO300 most often- misfiring.)

I JUST found out about the recall on the 06's for the fuel injectors less than a week ago. My car was in the shop at the time, so I immediately called my local dealer and checked up on it. They told me that the recall did indeed apply to my car but that it had been completed in March 2007 at 29xxx miles. (Even he didn't tell me the xxxs.)

After finding out today that I need new fuel injectors AGAIN (I will turn 64,000 miles on my car tomorrow), I'm having a LOT of trouble swallowing the following:

1) That the recall was actually done. Will be verified by the following:

My husband is going to do some digging and try to verify that the recall was actually done (he's a little more persuasive than I am). The big clincher is going to be the mileage that it was done at. I don't know for sure how many miles were on it when I bought it (going to find out tomorrow from the Honda dealer I purchased it from), but I know that when I registered plates to it, it only had 29,884 on it. I know that if it had less than 29,000 on it when I purchased it, then they're lying/exaggerating about the recall actually being done. There's just no way. I didn't even own the car in March of 07 (bought it in July of that year), and I KNOW I didn't have it in for a recall then.

2) That I have to change them again after less than 35000 miles.

Call me crazy, but this just seems a tad (ok, more than a tad) outrageous! Does anyone know what the guarantee is on GM parts? Or if there is even one? If you can even post a website that has that kind of information, I will love you forever! New fuel injectors after less than 35,000 miles (this problem started back in NOVEMBER, we're just now figuring out what it is) is just CRAZY!!!

Thanks!!

Last edited by teri2280; 03-08-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode