Okay, so the install is basically just like stock with the exception for having to wire in the LEDs and halos.
1. First you will want to unbolt the top 2-10mm bolts which are very easy to see. Upon doing this gently turn the headlight inward towards the center of the bumper. This may take some wiggling since no bumper seems to line up the same on these cars.
2. Unplug the headlight wiring harness. It's colored blue. Also twist the blinker bulbs to remove them from their housing paying attention not to touch the bulbs as the oils from your skin will later cause them to burst.
3. Next you must splice 2 wires running to the larger blinker light. If the blinker bulb has the wires facing toward you, you will see them in the following order. 1. Black 2. Black 3. Brown 4. Brown 5. Blue. Splice wires 1 and 3 by removing some of the insulation around the wire somewhere toward the middle of its length. DO NOT CUT through the wire entirely. just the rubber insulation like so: ====----==== (Sorry for the crummy example.)
4. To wire in the halos you will want to take the white wire(s) and attach them to the exposed brown blinker wire. Do the same thing with the red wires to wire in the LEDs. These are the positive wires for each. You may now tape off the splice to the brown wire.
5. Attach the black wires leading from the LEDs and from underneath the headlight assembly (the halo wires) to the spliced black wire and this will complete your wiring for the negative wires for the LEDs and halos and you may tape this splice off as well.
6. Next you will naturally want to attach the blue wiring harness to the plug that goes to your new H1 bulbs and twist the blinkers back in.
7. With the inside part of the headlamp facing inward, put the headlamp back in its place into the mount and reattach the 2-10mm bolts. And that's all there is to it, you're done
---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------
Copied from a cobalt forum.