Show Off Your *3D* Cobalt! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Show Off Your *3D* Cobalt!

Some of you may or may not know that Nintendo's latest handheld console has been released. And some of you may or may not know that, being based on 3D gaming, you can also take 3d photographs.

It's actually pretty damn amazing, but what's really cool is the 3D photo files can be easily found, copied to your computer, sent to someone else, and then copied to the 3DS. So, what I'm thinking is, if anyone on this site has access to a 3DS, or knows someone with one, we could share pictures of our Cobalts in actual 3 dimensions.

Here's how to do it;
1- Take a photo of your car with the 3D slider all the way up.
2- Turn off the 3DS, take out the SD card, and then plug it into your computer.
3- In the SD card, go into the folder 'DCIM', and then the folder 100NIN03. There, you'll see two files for every photograph; a .JPG and a .MPO.
4- Copy the .MPO file to your computer. Upload that; that's your 3D file!

To download, just follow the steps in reverse.

So, with that out of the way: I present to you guys the first 3-dimensional photograph of a Chevy Cobalt :D

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Z...YjEyODRi&hl=en

Driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L, Alpine Type-S speakers & 10" Sub, Pioneer AVHP3200BT Receiver, Injen CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Umm...It looks like a crappy cell phone pic. Maybe better light will help the 3D effect.

We have a 3DS demo at work and I tell you I'm not impressed with it. It's not "real" 3D, it looks like an animation trick. With that said, it is a very advanced animation for it to do it from a users input.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
I dunno about the demo, but the 3DS I've got works pretty well. And yes, the quality is pretty shitty; but you've got to see the 3D file on the 3DS to get the effect. I've tried closing one eye at a time, and then realized how the effect is made. Two different images are shown at the same time, and it's your own eyes focusing which makes it 3D. That's less of an "Animation Trick" than the glasses are. Essentially, if you can do stereograms really well, you should be able to see 3D on the 3DS very well too.

It's just something fun to do anyways.

Driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L, Alpine Type-S speakers & 10" Sub, Pioneer AVHP3200BT Receiver, Injen CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode