Cobalt + Drunk Driver = I Got to Visit the Hospital - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Garage
Cobalt + Drunk Driver = I Got to Visit the Hospital

Figured I'd give you guys an update here as well...this is the post I yanked from my facebook page about what happened today...

Thanks everyone...I just got home, it happened just before 9. I was in the left hand lane on 291 coming down the hill right before Kentucky traveling around 55mph...there was a mid '90's Silverado Ext. Cab sitting inbetween the lanes which I found odd and as soon as I got about 30 feet from the intersection he creeped right in front of my car...I literally had about 2 seconds to stop the car and it wasn't happening. I collided right into his passenger side tire area which apparently is the worst place to hit since I got to meet the motor and transmission of the truck...the guy is lucky he was by himself or there would have been a body bag for that person. Kim and I both got some nasty lacerations from the seat belts...we also both got some nice jacked up knees from slamming into the dash on impact. I've got some nasty burns on my arms from the airbag/steering wheel and some cuts/bruises galore along with Kimbo. Kicker is...3 things:

1) I have a neck brace that I get to wear the next few days...classic. They want to make sure nothing is seriously damaged as nothing showed up on the x-ray but my neck/upper back are bruised pretty good from whiplash/airbag/etc...not to mention my splitting ass headache I've had since 9.

2) I didn't even get to eat my damned Lays Kettle Cooked Jalapenos Chips that we just picked up at the gas station in Independence...bastards.

AND...

3) FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SAFE DAILY DRIVER...here's your proof you wanted ...I thought this car was a tin can POS all in all...horribly un-refined...but I hit a Extended Cab, Long Bed, Silverado @ 55~mph...while he was around 5mph...If that...Cobalt saved mine/Kim's lives...I'd buy another in a heartbeat now...Seat Belts, Air Bags, and for once some quality engineering on GM's part. Also, goes to show ANYONE who ever thinks getting behind the wheel for a beer run (which his guy had a full case of beer in the truck)...think twice...you might just take the lives of some innocent people who were just on their way home from visiting some friends and enjoying a nice night.

Nick Seaton = praying tonight; that is for DAMN sure.

So....

Going to see tomorrow whats up with the Insurance companies...and....

I'm going to punch this drunk **** in the dick.

The Racekar - SOLD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIW9XK_WMR4
2007 Cashmere Metallic Chevy Cobalt LT Sedan...totaled 04/11/2011
2010 VR Cobalt 2LT Sedan Debadged, ZZP Intake, Custom 2.5" Exhaust/Borla Pro XS, FE5 Bidnez with KSport Springs.
Previously dumped on BC Xtreme Low's...RIP LOWLYFE :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Newcomer

Garage
oh wow man that totally sucks. I am glad to hear you and your friend are ok. That driver should spend some serious time behind bars.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Oldkid
Glad you will be OK, but don't let the other side talk you into signing away your rights because some injurys may not show up at first. My aunt has back pain from a rear crash that happened years ago and showed up later.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Glad you are OK and walking, sore as hell I am sure, but it could have been worse. It is looking like the Cobalts are not as horrible in wrecks as the safety people rated it.

Looks like the Balts handle wrecks pretty decently.

Again, good thing you are doing pretty good.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Forum God

damn man, thank god you guys are safe!hope the injuries heal quickly. Take care of yourself. Good luck with everything

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Forum God

Garage
glad ur safe!
now since ur cobalt saved ur life, take the shiftknob like in the subaru commercial lol

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular

Glad to see you safe man.
Yeah. I T-boned some idiot pulling out in front of me doing 60. Walked away with a scratch on my head. Cobalts are incredibly safe.

Slammed to the ground, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profficial View Post
Remember 3rd gear is the money shot, once you pass him just yell "Ecotec just kicked in yo!"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Garage
Waiting to hear from the insurance company but I'm PRETTY sure it is totaled. Here are some daytime pictures of it when I went to clean it out since I've been stuck in bed the past few days with my knee being a epic PITA and having spasms from the nerves being ****ed up in my neck and back.

More pics...lol

The Racekar - SOLD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIW9XK_WMR4
2007 Cashmere Metallic Chevy Cobalt LT Sedan...totaled 04/11/2011
2010 VR Cobalt 2LT Sedan Debadged, ZZP Intake, Custom 2.5" Exhaust/Borla Pro XS, FE5 Bidnez with KSport Springs.
Previously dumped on BC Xtreme Low's...RIP LOWLYFE :(

Last edited by bluegtp91; 04-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

glad your ok

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Veteran

Garage
Holy hell, I didnt realize there was another "metallic cashmere" cobalt posting on here...God that sucks about what happened and I hope to never see my cobalt like that shape. Glad you guys got out ok for the most part.

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode