Will All These Work Together? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Will All These Work Together?

So, my FE5 struts and shocks and Eibach springs are on the way, and it's time to save up for some more engine modifications.

I've been doing my pre-buying research, and have decided, for the time being on the following parts:

GMPP Touring exhaust:
Cobalt / G5 Cat-Back Exhaust System Touring 17802110 - Crate Engine Depot
CED's 2.2 to 2.4 Intake Manifold kit
Ecotec HO Intake Manifold Kit 2.2MMGF - Crate Engine Depot
Header/downpipe combo:
Chevy Cobalt 4-1 Long Style Header/Downpipe Combo (2.2L)

I drive a 2006 2.2L LT with an Injen Intake. Will these modifications work together? Or is there something I've missed which prevents these from working properly? Also, I plan on getting the 2.4L Throttle Body, (and a tune, I know) but I cannot find an online store that sells them anywhere. My local stealership wants something like $500 for it. Does anyone know where I can buy one? And, if that and a tune are added to the equation, if it will still work?

Thanks for the help guys, this is one of the best online communities I've been in.

Driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L, Alpine Type-S speakers & 10" Sub, Pioneer AVHP3200BT Receiver, Injen CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentia View Post
So, my FE5 struts and shocks and Eibach springs are on the way, and it's time to save up for some more engine modifications.

I've been doing my pre-buying research, and have decided, for the time being on the following parts:

GMPP Touring exhaust:
Cobalt / G5 Cat-Back Exhaust System Touring 17802110 - Crate Engine Depot
CED's 2.2 to 2.4 Intake Manifold kit
Ecotec HO Intake Manifold Kit 2.2MMGF - Crate Engine Depot
Header/downpipe combo:
Chevy Cobalt 4-1 Long Style Header/Downpipe Combo (2.2L)

I drive a 2006 2.2L LT with an Injen Intake. Will these modifications work together? Or is there something I've missed which prevents these from working properly? Also, I plan on getting the 2.4L Throttle Body, (and a tune, I know) but I cannot find an online store that sells them anywhere. My local stealership wants something like $500 for it. Does anyone know where I can buy one? And, if that and a tune are added to the equation, if it will still work?

Thanks for the help guys, this is one of the best online communities I've been in.
Thats actually the set up I was going for originally. Ive changed to a shorty header and separate downpipe, but all in all its still what Im going for.

Ive seen 2.4 TB + 2.4 IM for sale together more often than just a TB by itself, but Id keep checking whatever forums you belong to or perhaps ebay or craigslist from time to time.

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
I don't want a used throttle body. I'd much rather spend more for something new than spend a LOT more when an older part breaks down.

Driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L, Alpine Type-S speakers & 10" Sub, Pioneer AVHP3200BT Receiver, Injen CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode