New To Me '09 Cobalt "Wish List" - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New To Me '09 Cobalt "Wish List"

So here is a pic of my "New to me" '09 Cobalt LT

Plans:

Debadge, Wash & wax.

Paint wheel covers a dark gray/charcoal. MAYBE black, but that is the 2nd choice at the moment.

Remove silver pinstripe??? Not sure how it would look with the wheel covers being a dark color???? If I remove it, any suggestions on how to? Just like a dealer sticker or debadge job????

TINT- Planning on doors-35%, back 3-20%. The place I usually get my tint done carries Lumar, but not sure I will be able to get the car over there for maybe even a month, there is another place I may have tint the car, that uses Solar Tech. Anyone have any experience with Solar Tech?

Radio steering wheel controls- If it will work with the base XM stereo (non Pioneer system).

Weathertech front floor mats.

No plans to drop it! If anything, I would "level" it out. Need as much ground clearance as possible while working. Plus- Mid Mi roads SUCK!!!

Can't think of anything else at the moment!
Now.... Where is that money tree???? Lol

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Welcome, the pin stripe will come off just like a dealer decal.

You won't be able to"level out" the car just drop it. Plenty of us in MN, WI, andMI, not to mention Canada that are dropped just don't go 4"!

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Congratulations on your new purchase!

Radio controls are do able. I've done it myself actually! You can also install cruise control if you don't already have it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:07 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I think the Eibach Pro Kit springs give you the least drop and they level out your car pretty well. At least it did with mine.

Please Excuse the bad picture in my sig, but my sig has a link to the new awy my car looks in a much better light

160 MPH SS/SC Cluster, Air box mod, Custom Spectre Short Ram Intake, Back on Steelies for the Winter
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Masterz
Road suck a** over here and I'm running B&G's(3-3,5" drop). You just have to avoid potholes... Drop is a must on every Cobalt IMO.

Welcome!

My car showoff
Want nice deal on Aftermarket parts? Pm me for price from my sponsor!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

TY guys!

I have cruise, so just need the correct harness for the stereo controls, and the
"switch panel". Just wanted to make sure it would work with the base XM radio.

I'll see how the pin stripe looks 1st if/when I get the wheel covers painted. I figured it should peel hopefully pretty easy! (Fingers crossed!!!)

As for dropping it, I work for a Utility Co here in Mi, and we drive our own cars. Some of the driveways I encounter are WORSE THAN Mi ROADS!!!! I know with the wheel stance being narrower than our Grand Am it shouldn't be a huge deal, but there are times I swear I will need our Z71 4x4 to get in the customers drive! And I am not talking about during the Winter either! Lol

I have decided to hold off on the tint, and get it done in about 2 weeks by the place I normally go to. So Llumar tint it is! Still thinking 20% in the rear, 35% on the doors. Found out a meeting we usually have the last Fri of the month has changed to the 10th, so hope I can drop it off before hand, and it will be ready to go on my way home!

TY again!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode