P0300 Code Rears Its Ugly Face Once a Week,but Balt Runs Great! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

P0300 Code Rears Its Ugly Face Once a Week,but Balt Runs Great!

Im a noob to the site but have had my cobalt for awhile. I have a 2006 ls 2 door with 59998 miles. Recently I've been having this p0300 code pop up but its only in the morning about once a week,I have the elm327 Bluetooth scanner and the torque app and I've watched it closely and have even recorded a 25 mile logging in which each cylinder missed about 16 times. So far I've tested cylinder pressure and its fine,pulled fuel rail and cleaned injectors individually by soaking inlet with seafoam,checked fuel pressure and its exactly where its suppose to be, this is kinda driving me nuts because the cars running great,I feel no miss at all. I have ordered a new icm and coils and I should get then by tomorrow but thought maybe someones had this headache and can lead me in the right direction in case the icm and coils don't work. thanks in advance.BTW I also put ac delco iridiums in thinking that would help but the only thing that I've noticed is that my car starts a split second after I hit the key, instead of crank crank crank vroom its more like cra-vroom...lol

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Staff Alumni

put the coils on and then let us know how it works. if you have the big one piece coil then its extremely common to have it act up.

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yeah its the big one piece deal,I think my problem is that my hoods scoop opening is letting water just slosh over my motor when it rains because I didn't have this issue until I bought this hood at the beginning of spring. Thanks and I'll let you know.

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Garage
Yeah that might be it, i dont think water is supposed to just "slosh" over the motor :P i know some water is ok, but not too much. did your hood come with inserts to plug the scoop in the rain? i know some do

['10 LT 2.2, 15% Tint, Blue LED Dome and Trunk lights, Kenwood 252U, 2 12" Kicker Comps,Delinte D7 Thunder tires, 18in NR10's, Eibach Sportlines, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Moog Endlinks, ZZP Catback, ZZP Stage 3 Turbo Kit, 8000K HID Halo's,Painted Emblems, Blacked out tailights]

Visit My Showoff!:
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...burnie-md.html
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yeah its somewhere in the abyss that my garage has become. Im actually making a clear fiberglass insert that I'll tint then I'll put my knight rider light behind it. And I put on new coil and icm and haven't had the code pop up yet,and if it doesn't within a week im gold. Now its just a waiting game.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Staff Alumni

what scoops? mine doesnt have scoops

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalistix View Post
Yeah its somewhere in the abyss that my garage has become. Im actually making a clear fiberglass insert that I'll tint then I'll put my knight rider light behind it. And I put on new coil and icm and haven't had the code pop up yet,and if it doesn't within a week im gold. Now its just a waiting game.
I think thatll look pretty bada$$ man, youll have to put up some pics when its done

['10 LT 2.2, 15% Tint, Blue LED Dome and Trunk lights, Kenwood 252U, 2 12" Kicker Comps,Delinte D7 Thunder tires, 18in NR10's, Eibach Sportlines, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Moog Endlinks, ZZP Catback, ZZP Stage 3 Turbo Kit, 8000K HID Halo's,Painted Emblems, Blacked out tailights]

Visit My Showoff!:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yeah for sure,but first I gotta figure out how to post pics! Lol

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:54 AM

Garage
i believe you can use photobucket and use the img portion to post them

Visit My Showoff!:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/new...post-pics.html

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode