Good Deeds=good Karma! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Good Deeds=good Karma!

Short version:

So while looking on craigslist I found a 2006 cobalt this guy was parting out,went over there to harvest all the parts I could and we got talking about his wife's cobalt. He goes on to tell me its got engine light on and stalls constantly......I checked codes with my trusty elm 327 and torque app to find tps and map codes,so I asked how his donor ran before its chain broke and he said fine just noisy. So I went in my trunk to get some tools swapped throttle body and map sensor,fired it up,and it ran like crap for the three minute relearn process. So we waited,shut it off for a minute,fired it up and Bobs your uncle it ran great. So he took it for a quick spin and when he came back he was so excited he looked at me smiling and said........wait for it......................"holy shit man,take whatever you want for FREEEEEEE "! So I did! Now I got all the parts I could ever use just sitting pretty in my garage,and if I need something else its only a couple blocks up the road!

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalistix View Post
Short version:

So while looking on craigslist I found a 2006 cobalt this guy was parting out,went over there to harvest all the parts I could and we got talking about his wife's cobalt. He goes on to tell me its got engine light on and stalls constantly......I checked codes with my trusty elm 327 and torque app to find tps and map codes,so I asked how his donor ran before its chain broke and he said fine just noisy. So I went in my trunk to get some tools swapped throttle body and map sensor,fired it up,and it ran like crap for the three minute relearn process. So we waited,shut it off for a minute,fired it up and Bobs your uncle it ran great. So he took it for a quick spin and when he came back he was so excited he looked at me smiling and said........wait for it......................"holy shit man,take whatever you want for FREEEEEEE "! So I did! Now I got all the parts I could ever use just sitting pretty in my garage,and if I need something else its only a couple blocks up the road!
the parts u have are from a 2006 cobalt ....Base, LT, SS?....
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Base 2.2

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Veteran

oWWWwwww well free is always good, too bad you are too far so i could buy/get some stuff from you !
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I need shroud on the bottom of the steering wheel hook me up with that! Is the interior ivory?

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

The lighter color? Of yes then,yes.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Newcomer

lucky you!! I once jumped started this lady that was stranded on the parking and when I was all done she just took off without saying thanks or goodbye....

2007 Cobalt SS/SC |15% tint|TTR engine mount|Torque Solution tranny mounts|H&R sports||215/45/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS|
1999 Infiniti i30 |35% tint on front 20% on the back windows|custom intake|Pioneer AVH-P4400bh|FX-R retrofit with 5k morimoto bulbs and ballast|built for comfort

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Staff Alumni

Like I tell the kids, "Way to go being a good citizen!"

"You all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive."
My Showoff
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow3r View Post
lucky you!! I once jumped started this lady that was stranded on the parking and when I was all done she just took off without saying thanks or goodbye....
THAT!!!! Sucks !! Lmao!!!!! And some people wonder why aren't there good samaritans no more!!....but oh well there is some good people out there still !.....
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalistix View Post
The lighter color? Of yes then,yes.
Nah it's the darker color, thanks tho!

Sent from my PG86100

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode