Dealership Frustrations! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Dealership Frustrations!

So I'm pretgy furious/frustrated right now. And I figured what better way to calm down. So I figured I'd vent on here to clear my frustrations and problems. Maybe someone may be able to cheer me up by charing a worse story at the dealership than my experience I've had with tbis dealership.

Anyways here's my story. So I recently sold my F-350 TURBO DIRSEL TRUCK during to being laid off work and moving outside of town to finish my apprenticeship schooling. I had to buy a car in order to travel oit of town 4 hours away every weekend so I needed a car fast! So instead of buying privately I decided it would very much safer to buy from a dealership. Figured right on a car I can buy right off the lot and driver it right away. So I whent to the little dealership in my small town and talked to him about the car. It was in nicest shape and was advertised as a certified vehicle ready to drive off fhe lot. I told him I need the car fast. No problem he said you can take it today. So I bought it. He then tells me I haven't got otherwise safetied yet I'll Have it safetied tomorow. I was pretty disapointed but what the heck no big deal. Next day I get a call he tells me the car is safetied but the clutch is conpletely blown I can't give you the car untill wendsday Wichita was a 6 day wait from when he called. Another disapointment. I was furious. So in orfer to go to school I had to get a rental for a wholeheartedly 6 days. There goes money out of my pocket. I come home on the weekend the car is finally in my yard late at night. So my dad takes me for a spilt. And teaches me how to drive standard. Didn't take long to learn and picked it up quickly. After 3 minutes of driving we notice a greasy smell. We where a litttle concerned but figured it was just because of the new clutch. I was still worried though so I whent back to the dealership to get it Checked out. He then tells me that the seal from my transmission to my engine is leaking all over! Then he has the guts to tell me that it will be another 5 days and that I have to pay the Bill! I got a dammn powereraim warranty on it that also was advertised. I said buddy listen up you are either paying this or your giving me my refund. He finally said ok I guess I'll fix it. Ya you better buddy! I then asked for a rental as I am withought a car once again. Anf need to travel back to Ottawa. He refused and said no. So now I'm out renting another vehicle! Worst experiences buying a vehicle ever! And first time buying from a dealership!

What are everyone else's opinions on this. Did the dealership really screw me over or am I Justin overreacting. Has anyone had similar experiences?

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Well not with a clutch mines auto i have a couple issues with mine when i bought mine. From used dealership but not really anything major like that bit hey things will look up before u know it youll be crusin lol
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

I just can't beleive I got this kind of service from a dealership! If I wanted all of the hassle I would of bought privately. Did I forget go mention that the fealership is 30 minutes away from my weekend house. And I had to pay a cab to get home after droping the car off! was a nice taxi bill and another rental car bill for the week.

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Staff Alumni

if The rear main seal was leaking when you took it for a short drive then it was leaking when he did the clutch and he just neglected doing it because its an extra $15. If this an actual chev dealership or some used car dealership

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni

Garage
Say WHAT??? No offense, but I would have left the car, had them refund me completely and take my business else where. You got screwed man, holy crap. That makes me furious just reading. I would talk to that guys manager and make the biggest scene possible. You will get your way!

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
if The rear main seal was leaking when you took it for a short drive then it was leaking when he did the clutch and he just neglected doing it because its an extra $15. If this an actual chev dealership or some used car dealership

used car dealership. im guessing garage told buddy and he figured i wouldnt notice untill the car blew up and would make me pay for it. he seemed very reluctant on paying for it. i had to make a big scene for him to pay the bill!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbalts View Post
Say WHAT??? No offense, but I would have left the car, had them refund me completely and take my business else where. You got screwed man, holy crap. That makes me furious just reading. I would talk to that guys manager and make the biggest scene possible. You will get your way!
manager.. he was the owner.. thats the worst part!

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Staff Alumni

Whenever I pull any of my own transmissions or any of my usual customers I always include a rear main seal in the price of the transmission change. Its cheap insurance because I dont want to do any job twice, and they wont want to pay me twice. I've had to argue with my father over doing a rear main seal because we'd have to wait .5-1hr for it to arrive and he didnt want to wait.

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
Whenever I pull any of my own transmissions or any of my usual customers I always include a rear main seal in the price of the transmission change. Its cheap insurance because I dont want to do any job twice, and they wont want to pay me twice. I've had to argue with my father over doing a rear main seal because we'd have to wait .5-1hr for it to arrive and he didnt want to wait.
Yeah I figured it was a cheap part and not much hassle to install. If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself I guess.

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni

Garage
It's not even about the cost of the part, it's the fact that they had the thing apart and neglected to take one simple precautionary measure. I wouldn't trust these guys with anything.

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Gawd of Thunda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbalts View Post
It's not even about the cost of the part, it's the fact that they had the thing apart and neglected to take one simple precautionary measure. I wouldn't trust these guys with anything.
It's definately not a dealership or garage that I will ever deal with again, poor worksmanship and service along with a whole bunch of false advertising, if I wanted all the hassle I would of bought privately. A 5$ part and half hour fix to ensure that you dont have to do work twice! I'm happy I caught it before I kept driving! that basterd would of been paying every dime though! Time to post some reviews online of the dealership. I'm sure I am not the only one from this dealership that this has been done to.

MY SHOWOFF THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode