Where to Find Floor Mats/door Gaskets? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Where to Find Floor Mats/door Gaskets?

Where can I find replacement floor mats for my 09 Cobalt. I finally got around to cleaning my car after a long winter. Well just vacuumed. Then I realized I was out of interior cleaner.
Anyhow I work construction and I guess one day I must of had some concrete on my boot and it is now in the mat. Only thought I had was I could try banging on it with a hammer to loosen it up and it would fall out, but I'd imagine it's really stuck to the fibers of the mat.
I like how the drivers side mat has the hole in it so it hooks to the floor and won't slide. Can I find a replacement mat anywhere. Just need a drivers side one really.

Another thing, apparently I drag my feet across the gasket on the bottom edge of the door. So it's starting to get chewed up, is this an easy fix? And people who sit in the passenger side rub there backs against the one on that side but a bit higher up so it's split. That one seems a bit of an easier change if needed. But the one on the drivers side is right near the interior plastic so not sure if it's a big project.
Maybe I'll just forget about it, cause I bet I'd fix it, be careful for a little while then go back to my old ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
I got some brand new replacement mats ebay for like $45.

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-CHEVROL...fd9f75&vxp=mtr
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Staff Alumni

For the mats, if you anticipate regular abuse, just get cheap-o's from Target or whatever. If you want something really nice, get WeatherTech's that are custom fit. I keep mine in all year.

"You all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive."
My Showoff
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info. Probably will just leave it alone. Maybe I'll try to scrape the stuff off. I really just need one mat so $45 isn't worth buying a whole set to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode